Friday, August 18, 2006

It's all about me?

A few weeks ago my sister and I went on a fun maternity shopping spree due to my rapidly expanding belly from the twins. I found several cute and comfy outfits. One tee shirt in particular was surprisingly trendy for maternity and I chose to wear it yesterday to be comfy as we traveled from Texas to Colorado. I had found the eyeball in the middle of the shirt to be a little creepy but I didn't really pay any attention to it.

Then yesterday evening we were eating at Macaroni Grill in Golden, CO and Dana was sitting across from me, staring at my shirt with a funny look on her face. Finally she said "Are you aware of what your shirt says?" and I said I think it says Rock & Roll or something to that affect as I hadn't really paid attention. She said No! It says "I love me!!". I looked down in horror and realized she was right! I'm no saint when it comes to being self absorbed but I'm very much the type to make every attempt to cover my sins and not advertise them. This fact made the message even more amusing to my family and they all got a great laugh out of it, as did I.

I think from now on I'll save this one for sleeping and not public wear. You'd think a maternity shirt would say I love my baby or you or my baby's daddy, anything but ME, that's very junior high-ish for a tee-shirt! LOL!!!


No comments: