Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Joys of Gestating

~WARNING, graphic post ahead ;-)~
I was so happy to have made it over 9 weeks of being pregnant without actually throwing up in spite of being nauseated every morning, afternoon, and evening. I was naively thinking I was one of the lucky ones but then I got some major pay back this morning. It was pretty miserable, I think I threw up at least 4 times. So much for all the vitamins that I had taken earlier. I'm not exactly sure what set me off since my morning was pretty routine but the fact that I chased a chocolate breakfast shake with a glass of orange juice and then proceeded to brush my teeth didn't exactly help matters any.

But IT'S ALL WORTH IT!! That's what I kept telling myself over and over this morning. And this temporary discomfort is miniscule compared to the joy of knowing that these two little lives are growing bigger and stronger every day.

No comments: