Monday, October 09, 2006

Let the "Thumping" Begin

All the children born in my family so far have been properly "thumped" as we like to call it. Which means that from 18 weeks on they get to listen to this silly device that beats out "thumps" like a heart beat drumming in 16 different patterns.

Of course it could certainly all be a lot of "hooey" but BabyPlus make some pretty good claims about the results of the product and I have to say that both my niece and nephew are pretty exceptional, but I of course am biased on that ;-). And since my sister-in-law loaned me hers and I didn't have to go spend the $$, I figured what do I have to lose?? I just hope I'm not giving the twins a headache!

Here is the product description and its claims:

The BabyPlus Prenatal Education System is a set of sound lessons meant to be played for a prenatal child. The patented BabyPlus lessons strengthen earliest brain development. As your baby begins to recognize the difference between the simple rhythmic sounds of BabyPlus and the similar natural rhythms of the maternal heartbeat, learning begins.

Just a few of the benefits: Infants are born more alert and responsive, nurse better, sleep better, and later in life, enjoy improved school readiness. BabyPlus is the most valuable start in life you can offer to your child and the developmental benefits for your child will last a lifetime! This one-of-a-kind system is very easy and safe to use.

BabyPlus babies at birth and infancy:
Develop better sleeping patterns.
More readily nurse
Have increased ability to self soothe
Are more interactive and responsive
Are more relaxed and alert at birth.

And later in life, these children demonstrate:
Earlier developmental milestones
Improved school readiness and intellectual abilities
Greater curiosity and independence, and
Longer attention spans.

No comments: