Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mama's Prayer for Her Baby Boys

Heavenly Father,
Almighty God, author and creator of all life and all faith. I praise You for you are loving and compassionate, powerful beyond all comprehension, slow to anger and quick to forgive. Thank You for offering us Your only Son, who bore all my sins so that I may come before You now.

My whole life I dreamed of the day when I might get to be a mommy and so many times I wondered if it would ever happen at all, yet You gave me the desires of my heart. A loving husband and two beautiful sons, I wouldn’t trade any of them for all the riches of the earth.

When I look at them, so tiny yet fully formed, I am amazed at the works of Your hands. How could someone so small possibly make it in this world? Yet they are fully alive and I praise You. I pray that even now they are coming to know You, that they would come to know the fullness of Your love for them. I pray that their hearts would over flow with joy and a desire to worship You all their days.

Only You know what the future holds for them, Lord. I pray that it would be full of joy rather than sorrow, of laughter instead of tears, however steep or winding, may the path always lead to You. I thank You for all the doctors and nurses that care for them so dearly with all the wonders of today’s medicine, but only You Lord can heal them. Only You can restore them to health.

I have seen miracles already in my life and pray that you would bless Andrew and Adam with one in the coming days. I pray that it would be pleasing and glorifying to You to do this in their lives, that all may know the power of Your hands. Please Lord, repair the damage that has been done to their bodies, nourish them and help them to grow, mature their lungs so that they will soon be able to breathe without struggling, develop their muscles and bones so that someday they can run and play and soak up all the joys of childhood. May their youth be a time of carefree wonder and of growing faith in their heavenly father above.

I pray that You would use these boys to bring glory to Yourself. May all who meet them or hear of their lives be blessed by their story and moved by the works that You’ve done in their lives. I pray that many would come to know You and all would see Your mercy and love.

I thank you for all those who have brought our children before You, the ones we know and love so dearly and all those that have loved our children although we’ve never met. What a blessing! My heart overflows with joy and gratitude. May You bless their lives richly and that they may know the fullness of Your love.

Comfort my heart and fill me with Your peace, bring Kenny and I closer together each day and closer to You. Strengthen our love for one another. Forgive me for my moments of unbelief and strengthen my faith each day. You are my hope and my place of rest.

In the name of your son, Jesus Christ, Amen

11 comments:

Christie said...

Amen!!!

You are amazing, o God and we thank you for answered prayers!

Love ya!

Christie

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
Where did you learn to pray like that?!?!? Wow. I think you can give my Mom a run for her money!
Love,
Christie, Dave, & Owen

JenMom said...

Amen!

MomTo3under2 said...

A beautiful heartfelt prayer. I too pray for your Adam & Andrew.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Prayer!
All of you are in my prayers!
God Bless,
Jobie

Anonymous said...

LIndsey, beautiful prayer -- and certainly not too much to ask for!

Praying for a wonderful day filled with good news for your family.

Perri

Anonymous said...

Lindsey & Kenny,

Everyday I can't wait to see what is happening with the boys. I am inspired and overwhelmed by your love and devotion to God and your family. I am honored to be your Aunt and I am so proud. I can't wait to meet Adam and Andrew. I am praying everyday that they grow stronger and continue to be a reminder what miracles God has provided and has in store.

Love You All, Julie

Anonymous said...

Kenny and Lindsey,
You don't know us, we found you through Kyle Newcomer's blog, but my wife has been glued to your blog and has been praying for your family everyday. We are sharing in your story, fretting with you and praying with you over your beautiful sons. Your prayer is the perfect sentiment, and our God is certainly able to give you your (and our) hearts desire for you and your children. Know that many are sharing your burden with you, even people you don't know, and that God is receiving glory in ways you never imagined.
Stand fast in the Lord, who is able to give you more than you could ever ask or imagine.

For my wife Natalie, myself, and our month old Abigail - God's richest blessings upon you.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, my love. I have know you all your life but now I feel that I truly know you. You have always been very special to me but now to know that you have grow up to be such a strong, spirit filled beautiful lady just fills my heart. My heart is breaking for you and Kenny but your strength helps heal it. My prayers are with all of you.
Love,
CW

anna said...

What a beautiful prayer! I pray that you will be able to hold your babies to your hearts content very soon.
Anna

Anonymous said...

Wow and Amen!
What a beautiful heart and spirit filled prayer. I, too would like to stand in agreement with you. Praise God, for He is good! Although I no longer work at KMC I still have close contacts there, so it is nice to be included in such milestones. My son was just born in December & he may possibly have a heart murmur. Your prayer really moved me,thank you for writing down what is in a mother's heart. "May the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you" -Alicia