Friday, February 20, 2009

Life with Boys

Being the mom of 2 Year Old Twin Boys is always an adventure and a learning experience. I'm so happy to be the mother of these adorable boys and I never dreamed of all the fun things we'd do together. And even though I dream of having a little bit of pink around this house someday, I'm truly enjoying my boys and all the things that make boys special. When you have Boys in the house there is never a dull moment. And you get to know a lot about:

CONSTRUCTION




This, my friends, is a giant Track-Hoe, NOT a bulldozer. When you have boys (or are related to someone that owns this stuff) you get to learn what every piece of equipment is and then you develop a pet peeve for when other people call every piece of construction equipment a bulldozer ;-).

You may also refer to it as a Big Digger or Excavator

Andrew was not a fan of the loud noise and vibration but he loves to talk about it and say "Hi Track-Hoe"

EXPLORATION

Little boys love to check stuff out and are so serious while they "work"


FOUNDATION
Don't forget to lay down a solid foundation. We poured a slab this week for a detached garage and we made a special point to put the boys hand and footprints into the slab to always remember their childhood. So special.


RELAXATION
When you have important work to do, like Adam & Andrew, it's always wise to set apart some time to rest between activites.
EXPECTATION

As a mother of boys, you have to learn that
A Little Dirt, Never Hurt!

CELEBRATION
Sometimes just having a giant puddle to play in is a good enough reason to celebrate.






ELATION

Being the mother of boys means that when they are happy, you are happy. It doesn't matter what you are doing but who you are doing it with. I never dreamed that we would be playing in the mud and splashing in the water (especially when it's cold outside) but when my kids are joyful, my heart is so full it could bust.

And it just doesn't get much better than that =-)!

10 comments:

Carey said...

Being a mom of a boy is just awesome. Thank you Lord for little boys!

The Synnott's said...

you took the words right out of my mouth. we have discovered the outside now and the boys are loving it. i just cant wait to see how they grow. look like your boys are have a blast!

Allison said...

What a cute post. I wish we had been there to play in that mud and water. It looked like too much fun!

DJones said...

You are so right! Never a dull moment!

Lynn said...

Oh these photos are amazing!
We have a lot of diggers...next door!
Assuming it's a lot warmer there than it is here! They just have the mostest fun!
Praying right now!
Psalms 121:5-8 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Christi said...

I love the mud on the bottom picture! You have given me much to look forward to with Anthony as we get closer to the 2's. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Lynn said...

Still praying in Seattle!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Tabatha said...

I LOVE this post. It's so true! I have a girl and a boy and it is completely different having a son! The boys are so cute!

Tina said...

Thanks! Sometimes being the mom of boys you need to be reminded of how much fun it is. (I catch myself forgetting how awesome this is when life gets crazy.)

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

This was a great post! And Jaymin loves all these things, too. It's going to be interesting to see what Rilyn has interest in as boys seem to easy to interest in the simple things (dirt, water, rocks, boxes, etc).

What is that activity center called that the boys were playing with? It looked like they were playing with water in it. I would love to get Jaymin that. He is really into helping me "do the dishes" these days.

Take care

Tracey