Monday, March 30, 2009

3 of 3: Special Delivery!

For all forest creatures are mine already, the animals on the mountains in their thousands. I know every bird in the air, whatever moves in the fields is mine.
PSALM 50:10-11

We were awakened early this morning to the cry of a newborn puppy and immediately ran to my closet where our chocolate lab Reagan had been staying in her special box. The puppies weren't expected until Wednesday at the very earliest so it was a big surprise. When we got to her she'd already had two, one of which was still born (a chocolate female). Over the nexr 4.5 hours she had a total of 10 puppies, all of which are doing awesome except for the one that was still born. The living count is 9 puppies: 3 chocolate males, 5 chocolate females, and one very special surprise yellow female.

Considering both Reagan and the stud dog were chocolate, the yellow recessive puppy was a pleasant surprise and my heart skipped a beat when she came out blonde. We were right there in the midst of it, helping to break the sacs and cleaning the puppies off. I couldn't believe she had 10 puppies in her very first litter. After the first six I thought for sure she was done but they just kept coming!

The boys woke up around the time the 4th one was born and they were pretty excited. They kept yealling "Baby Puppies, Baby Puppies!!" One came out right when Adam was up close and when I broke the sac and he saw the slimy creature he excitedly pointed and yelled "Alligator, Alligator!!!" He's such a hoot ;-).

It was a special day and my heart sings Praises to God for the profound mystery and beauty of all His creations. In all things God's goodness is evident.
Last night I could tell something was up with Reagan so I took this picture. She must've known something big was going to happen.

Fresh out of the oven

Let's play "One of these things is not like the other" I've always been partial to chocolate but I just fell in LOVE with this sweet little blonde in the midst of all those brownies

Sweet faces!

The crazy thing is they are not too much smaller than Adam & Andrew were when they were born!!

Thank you Lord for a very special day and this tiny glimpse into your marvelous ways!

4 comments:

The Synnott's said...

YEAH... so fun!

Christi said...

That yellow one is so cool! Michael has to keep reminding me that puppies get bigger, otherwise I'd want one! :-)

Rachel said...

oh, they are too cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Which one are you all keeping? Have you decided yet? They're very cute! Enjoy!