Friday, March 13, 2009

We need YOUR help!

Hello friends, family, bloggy friends and anonymous blog readers.

Adam & Andrew need you
.


(My friend Heather took these great shots for me, Thanks Heather!)

I very worried. There are only 50 days left until the March for Babies and NO ONE has signed up to walk with our team. Last year we had 30 people walk with us.

Only 50 days left and we are NO WHERE near our goal. Last year Adam & Andrew raised $4,00 and together our team raised nearly $6,500. Considering there is NO ONE on our team, I am worried that our contribution is not going to even come close.

Did I mention Adam & Andrew are the Ambassadors this year?

I understand that the economy is tough right now. I understand that households are trying to make ends meet. Who can't spare a dollar, or five, or twenty. Think about the future. These precious babies are our future, they are YOUR future too.

If you've had a healthy baby because you took prenatal vitamins with folic acid and got good prenatal care, then YOU and YOUR children have benefitted from the work of the March of Dimes.

Without these important funds, ground breaking research will come to an end. Babies will not be saved. Families like ours that are in the NICU will NOT recieve the support they so desperately need.

Premature birth can happen to anyone, and the means to stop it is within our reach.

If our story has touched you at all, please consider giving to this life saving cause.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can count us in! The Lafons would be honored to join your team. What do we need to do to get involved?

Amy said...

My school club and I are walking here in WA! We're hoping to have 15 or so kids and their parents - and we can't wait!

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 16:7-8 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Christi said...

Michael and I were just talking about this last night. Do we register online, just give you a check, what do we need to do? I'm looking forward to it!

Heather said...

Ok - I registered to walk on your team, but now I am a little fuzzy on what to do next. We can talk about it next time we get together. :)

Lynn said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 34:4-7 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Thought I'd use my confirmation verse today. Praying!
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Prayer Bears
My email address