Monday, April 13, 2009

Brushing it Off or Trying to Anyways

Today was a tiring day! My kids were grouchy, clingy, whiny, and fought each other most of the day. I love them SO much and they are normally pretty well behaved and get along but today they really tried my patience. Don't get me wrong, every day with them is a precious gift, it's just that today the gift was exhausting.
Tomorrow will be a new day!

Then I got a lovely "Anonymous" comment at the other blog address from someone saying they were a long time reader. It was in all caps, quite long and used the words "crazy" & "insane" in response to my fundraising efforts. Well I'm not going to apologize for that because with the help of awesome readers like you, we've raised over $3,500 for a great cause and I'm thrilled and so grateful. Oh well, I can't please everyone and the only ONE whose opinion of me truly matters has already covered me in His grace, Praise God.

But the best part of my day was when I let my dogs out to go to the bathroom while I put my screaming toddlers in their high chairs when my doorbell rang. What greeted me was an angry neighbor who shoved a bag of fresh dog poop in my face and said "This belongs to you! Don't send your dog over to crap in my yard. This was the first time and it better be the last." Whatever happened to "Hi, welcome to the neighborhood, it's a pleasure to meet you?"

Our yard is fenced but we are undergoing a construction project and I guess my dog left our yard and relieved herself across the street. I understand their annoyance but they could have handled it a little nicer. Maybe I'm just too nonconfrontational because that response would never have crossed my mind. No pardons today for the poor lab nursing 9 adorable and rapidly growing puppies.

But in happier news my baby sister Dana is going to the hospital tomorrow night and will be induced on Wednesday morning. I can't wait to meet my new nephew Ben and I'm praying everything goes well for Dana, Shawn, & Ben. So exciting!!!

9 comments:

Lathan, Lauren & Logan said...

WHAT?!?!?!...I can not believe your neighbor...that's awful!!!

And phewy on the anon commentor about your March of Dimes. I've gotten a few strange emails with excuses on why they can't donate(and a handful of people saying they donated when they really didn't!!!) - I'm just ignoring them and figure I can't make everyone happy PLUS like you said, the majority of people have been very supportive and happy to donate to such a great cause.

Oh, and the boys look ADORABLE in their Easter outfits (love those vests!!!)

AND...yippee on your biopsy reports. I think about your story every time I pass a tanning salon. SOOOO tempting, but SOOO not worth it...I'll never go again thanks to you!!!

Take care!
Stephanie

Lynn said...

Oh I'm sorry you had such a bad day!
I hate to tel lyou this, but there's something called the terrible twos...your boys just might be heading into that territory. My sweet, adorable 14 month old grandson (in our family it hits really early) has started screaming and throwing temper tantrums! I'd say "not my grandson" but you probably heard a few of his better ones today from there! Hopefully your sweet, adorable boys will just skip over that phase......
Praying right now!
Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Carey said...

I hope you have a better day today.
Congrats to your sister. Praying for all.

Grammy Jane said...

What a day! Hang in there, girl! I'm soooooooo very proud of what you're doing for MOD. I was glad to have my donation go into your collection. I used to give $1.00 a year for each of my two children's ages. Now I'm giving $1.00 a year for each of my six grandchildren's ages.

Can't believe your neighbor's behavior. Try to forget it. It's not worth thinking about.

Glad to read your blog EVERY day.

Toddler Tales said...

Yikes, what a day... Hope today is better all ready! Love ya!

Kierstyn said...

You just defined CRAPPY day! hehe. Gotta laugh or you would cry. Hoping today is better.

Christi said...

Hello?! It's YOUR blog! *sigh* some people! And I'm with you about your neighbor, that reaction would NEVER have crossed my mind. I'm praying for you friend. Just go hug one of those puppies and enjoy the quiet with the boys in bed. I hope tomorrow is better!!

Tabatha said...

Sorry about the dog poop! Sorry that someone doesn't agree with your fundraiser. I thought it was a great idea. It's your blog, do what you like with it! I just wish I could have donated more but tough times limit me these days. Loving the family Easter picture.

Perri said...

If it were me, I would make the hateful woman some cookies or something, take them over with my precious boys, apologize profusely with my sweetest voice and give her something to stew about.

Heap burning coals on her head so to speak. Your kindess in the face of her rudeness might give her pause to think about her actions. Who knows,she could be a very nice woman who was having an incredibly bad day. Maybe she was on the way to a funeral and stepped in the dog mess. We never know why someone acts like that.

Truthfully, she could be a wicked hag woman you want to avoid - but even then, at least she will have something to think about when she realizes she was so hateful to such a nice family.