Thursday, June 25, 2009

Celebrating Gammaw & Peepaw

This past weekend we kids and some close family friends had a surprise party for Gammaw & Peepaw to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary and Peepaw's 60th birthday. It was exciting to see that we pulled off the surprise and it was so fun to see their faces as they noticed all the special guests that were there for them. What a fun time! Congrats Gammaw & Peepaw!











Earlier this week I decided to be an adventurous Mama and let the boys do some painting. Since it was water based paint, the only rule was that the paint had to stay outside and clothes had to come off. My naked painters were happy to oblige!


I think it's so sweet how even though I gave them each their own side with a fresh piece of paper, they insisted on painting together.

Adam and Andrew both painted on Adam ;-)

Andrew managed to stay much cleaner

Adam & Andrew love to paint and I love to see those precious smiles on their faces. Another benefit is that painting standing up at an easel is very good occupation therapy for Andrew's fine motor skills.

5 comments:

The Synnott's said...

looks like yall had a great time. love the pics of the boys painting... what are they wearing as underwear? super cute but where are the diapers?

Kierstyn said...

Love those naked painter butts!

Lynn said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Carin said...

Hello Dear Friend -- I love your blog -- so many pictures! :) Your little ones are darling, and I am thankful that you are well and happy!

Lynn said...

Wanted to share these amazing words of comfort today. Praying!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
My email address