Sunday, June 28, 2009

I Survived!!

I did it, I survived my 4 weeks of intense boot camp. Honestly I didn't even mention it on the blog until I had lasted a full week because I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it, I'm probably the most unathletic, unflexible person ever that absolutely hated to work out or run. But by the grace of God, I made it and I haven't felt this good in a long time. I'm sleeping well, I have more energy, my back isn't hurting nearly as often. Despite cutting out some serious calories from my diet, I didn't drop a ton of weight like I hoped but I definitely feel better. The kids & I are going out of town for the next two weeks so I'm going to be missing the first half of the July session but I'm already registered to pick it back up when I return. I hope I don't lose all the endurance and strength that I had gained between now and then. I'm planning to do lots of walking in the mountains so hopefully I can maintain it.

The boys were nervous to pose with Jerrod but they did tell him "Gig'em Aggies" and talked the rest of the day about how he throws the football.

The next Michael Phelps?




A visit to the John Deere tractor store

I LOVE this photo!!!



As a reward for completing Bootcamp I decided to finally give in to my longing for a BOB Revolution Duallie jogging stroller to keep me motivated and to make those mountain walks even more fun.

"The Beast" is what the boys call it

Everyone tells me I won't regret this purchase, so far they are right!

8 comments:

Toddler Tales said...

Awesome!! So Glad you're "loving" your workouts - they really are worth it! (Proud of you!) You're right, you will LOVE your BOB. He's like a member of our family! ;-) Have fun on vacation - Love and Miss Y'all!!!!

Rachel said...

Way to go on boot camp!!! I'm jealous of your stroller! I'm sure it will be nice to have in Colorado for sure! I would so LOVE to get together somehow. I think we are less than 3 hours away. We could meet in Denver one day possibly? Let's email and see what we can do!

Emma, Georgia, Erica & Daniel said...

Congrats on the boot camp!! I am sad that I am not there with ya'll for inspiration!! Jealous of the BOB..heard they are awesome!! Keep up the hard work!

Lynn said...

If you can you should do as much of what you've been doing while you're gone. Oh my you can lose a lot in a hurry! So what did the boot camp involve?
Continuing to lift up prayers for you!
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Stopping by to let you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 121:1-4 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Meg said...

Yeah for the BOB stroller. Those things are awesome. I put over 600 miles on mine so far..it is so smooth. Just don't forget to lock the front wheel if you are doing some *serious* walking or jogging. If you push that thing with those two boys in it - whew! that's a workout. Oh, and if you didn't lose weight, don't worry. Those workouts will build up your muscles and muscle does weigh more than fat. (But then muscle does a better job at burning fat, so in the long run you will lose.) You may be surprised to see yourself drop a few pounds over vacation (even if you, like I, indulge on vacations)

Whitney said...

Good for you Lindsay! I too can't deny the power of exercise although I hate going to the gym!

Lynn said...

Praying in Seattle!
Psalms 121:5-8 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Prayer Bears
My email address