Monday, June 15, 2009

To Vegas and Back!

Sorry I've been so absent from the blog, things have been crazy like always. Kenny & I went to Vegas last Thursday and just got back yesterday. We joined three other couples and had a blast. All four of us wives went to college together in the same program, interned together during school, and then worked together at the same place after graduating. My friends and I all turned 30 this year and have been planning this trip for months to celebrate. We got an awesome deal to stay at the new Encore hotel, it was amazing!! Granny & Pa generously watched the boys for us while we were gone. We had so much fun but as always, it was nice to come back home to Adam & Andrew!


Dinner at the Wynn's SW restaurant

Sarah & I

Sarah, Angela, & I at the Venetian

Waiting for the Hoover Dam Tour Bus

Lake Mead


Hoover Dam Memorial

Lake Mead intake towers looking from Arizona side, the water is 30 feet lower than it should be.


One of the big pipes diverting the water around the dam and through the powerplant, the water shook the whole room.

Hoover Dam Passageway, water seeps in through the walls and we were praying they would continue to hold!

One of two power plants

New suspension bridge

Enough concrete to build a sidewalk all the way around the Equator

The gang dined at Emeril's Table 10 at the Palazzo, yummy!

Kenny is a big Emeril Fan


Enjoying an adult beverage version of the snowcone


Heather, Angela & I

Some random guy that stepped into our shot ;-)

Angela, Heather & I

Inside the Wynn

Dinner in St Mark's Square

Kenny, Clint & Steven

We had a BINGO emergency and had to take a limo to make it to the Gold Coast on time for the 7pm session.


Kenny got his first BINGO for $13, LOL


I got a BINGO for $72, yay!

Then Kenny hit it big winning $450!! Who says BINGO is only for old ladies with blue hair and oxyen tanks!

Angela, Me, Heather & Sarah


Las Vegas, NV 2009!!

4 comments:

Christi said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! Glad you are home and congrats on the winnings...cool! :-)

Allison said...

Wow! That really does look just like St. Mark's Square. You could totally be sitting in Venice. Makes me want to hop on a plane on go!

Lynn said...

I need to get out more....I never have this much fun!
Thankful that I can be here praying for you.
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand. The Lutheran Hymnal #370, verse 2
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that I'm continuing to pray here in Seattle!

His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
The Lutheran Hymnal #370, verse 3
Prayer Bears
My email address