Saturday, July 04, 2009

An Adam Funny

Tonight as we were walking to the best fireworks display I've ever seen in my life, we were cutting across a parking lot and my Dad, the kids in the stroller, and I went one direction and my mom went around some cars a different direction.

Immediately Adam starting to wail like he was watching his dog get run over and shouted "Granny's getting away!" Granny is getting AWAAAAAAAY!"

I about fell to the ground I was laughing so hard, I've never heard him use that phrase before in any context and he was so earnest and sad. But then Granny jumped out from behind some cars with a peek a boo and all was right in the world again.

The rest of the night, anytime my mom got more than a few feet ahead, Dad & I would say "Oh No, Granny's getting away!!!!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

That's so funny!
Glad you could see such a good fireworks display...unfortunately people around here are having their own...and it's only the 3rd! And now I'm smelling it! Peachy!
Know that your family is always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Jon (dh) said...

very funny!....Rachel

Allison said...

That's hilarious! We miss all of you! Come back soon.