Thursday, July 23, 2009

Adventures with Mama

Finally a new post, right?? My computer is out of the shop and hopefully it will last for a while without any more issues! These pictures are from an afternoon adventure in Colorado with just the boys and myself. Everyone in our house was feeling terrible with aches and fever except Adam & Andrew. So even though I felt like I had been run over I knew I had to get the boys out of the house for some fun, moms don't get sick days unfortunately.

So I loaded the boys and the BOB up and we drove to Vail and enjoyed the day together. We rode the Gondola up to the top of the mountain where we had pony rides, bungee tramp, and we also did some exploring. Then we rode the Gondola back down and visited a children's event where they had a bouncie obstacle course thingie, then we went to Pirate Ship Park, got ice cream, and played in the splash pool. I was so proud of myself for tackling all that alone especially when I felt so bad. But it was worth it, we had a blast!!

The boys continue to ask to "Go Gondola Ride" but they don't understand that Texas doesn't have them ;-)




This pictures makes Kenny ill because he's terrified of heights and he can't believe his sons weren't bothered by it!



"I wanna rye hosie"





Adam was thrilled to jump jump again














I was so proud of Adam for completing this challenging obstacle course alone, he was the smallest one in there



The awesome Pirate Ship Park








Enjoying the splash pool





We were a mile from our car and the boys got soaked and had to be stripped down to their diapers. So I rigged up my jacket to keep them warm on the trek back.


Adam & Andrew, I will never forget what a fun day we had together, I LOVE you both so very much!!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! Can't believe you did all that when you were sick!
Praying!
Psalms 27:6-7 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Kierstyn said...

Way to go super mom!!!! Looks like a great day for the boys and a special day for you too.

Larry and Heidi said...

Reading this blog since their infancy it's so cute to watch the boys come out of their baby faces and turning more into young boy faces. I can't believe how much they've grown. GOD IS FAITHFUL!

Jennifer said...

Wow! Just reading that makes me tired. You overcame so many obstacles... being sick, doing all those activities, having two kids in tow. I am impressed! I can't even imagine! It sure does look like fun though.

Tina said...

That looks like so much fun...and rewarding for you too I'm sure:)

Lynn said...

Praying right now!
Romans 8:26-28 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Prayer Bears
My email address