Monday, July 13, 2009

If the shoe fits, wear it!

This post is specifically to help other moms out there like me who may be searching for an affordable kids shoe that will work with orthotics, smo's, afo's, braces etc. Or really any mom that is looking for some cute affordable shoes for their kids.

Right now at Walmart they are selling little canvas lace up tennis shoes by Faded Glory. They are only $9 and come in several colors. My favorite is the camo which I got for both my boys, I also bought Navy and I had to resist buying the brown or red. You can even order them online here.

They are light weight compared to most of the clunky expensive specialty shoes and open up real wide so they are easy to get off and on. I was even able to get close to his actual size without the shoe being so big that he trips over the toe. They also seem to be of good quality as my kids have been playing in them pretty hard and they are holding up well. Also, if you need to add a lift to a shoe like Andrew requires, the sole is nice a smooth and would easily accommodate a lift.

Best of all, Andrew loves them and is happy that he and his twin are wearing the same shoes. Often he'll get sad when he is wearing his smo's and he'll ask for "cool shoes" when he sees me put Adam's shoes on him.


I hope someone out there finds this helpful!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Ok this a question for ya. How did you know that your kids needed those braces on their feet b/c Isabellas Dr. thinks it's no big deal that her feet are still facing inward instead of straight. I never had that with my first 2 and Isabella is now 7 months old and I'm really beginning to worry. She cries sometimes if you stand her up on them. I've told her Dr. but all I get is a look and "well I'm sure it's nothing just keeping working with them" I'm still just worried though. Any tips or am I just being to over protective?
Thanks,
Valerie
P.S.
Love the shoes my Logie Bear has the tan ones;)

Christi said...

Oh thanks for the tip! I was just telling Michael that Anthony seems to have outgrown his tennis shoes. I can definitely handle $9 shoes!

And the "cool shoes" thing is sad! Glad Andrew has some that are "cool" too!

Lynn said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm praying!
Psalms 91:3-6 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lathan, Lauren & Logan said...

Super cute!!!

Lynn said...

Praying for your family right now!
Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Prayer Bears
My email address