Saturday, July 18, 2009

We're Home

We made it back to Texas in one piece. I have lots of pictures from our last days in Colorado but my computer is currently on hiatus so until then here are some gorgeous pictures taken by my friend Rachel. The two of us met with four children in tow at the Denver Zoo. I've known Rachel for the last three years when we met online through a babycenter forum on IVF. We were going through the process at the same time and in fact my boys shared the same due date as Ellie Kate! So even though they weren't born anytime close to each other, they are virtually the same exact age. Pretty cool! This was the first time I've gotten to meet Rachel in the "real" world and she was every bit as wonderful as I expected her to be. She actually lives in Alabama but her family happened to be in CO at the same time and so we were able to work out a day to meet up. We had so much fun and the kids really hit it off. I hope we will get a chance to meet up again someday!

All of us except baby Abigail who was chillin' in the stroller







Rachel's precious baby girl Abigail

Rachel needs to be a professional photographer!

It's good to be home sleeping in our own beds but Oh my goodness it it HOT HOT HOT here!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Always fun meeting someone you've only known online!
Always here praying!
Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here lifting your family up in prayer!
Hebrews 6:17-20 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray!
2 Samuel 22:31-33 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that I'm continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 27:4-5 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures! Adam and Andrew are absolutely adorable! Did your brother also go? I saw pictures of Dana, Shawn, and Ben, but none of him and his kids.

Kim said...

WOW! So exciting! Great pictures!