Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Big Boy Day

Wednesday was a big day around here, we took the fronts off the boys cribs, turning them into toddler beds aka Big Boy Beds. I was hoping to make it to age three before doing this but since they've been getting out and then our friend Blake broke his arm this week falling out of his crib, we decided it was time. To make the change more special I found some cute new big boy bedding with cars and trucks on it to replace the sweet baby bedding. The first night went really well to my surprise with Andrew being the only one to get up and it was just once. Adam slept much later than normal, 8am and Andrew slept until 9am! The next night Kenny was out of town for work and Adam was challenging me, getting out 6 times before I finally sat in there until they were settled. Last night was perfect and no one escaped!

We also got new big boy buzzed haircuts, I can't believe how old they look!









This is Andrew's new night time brace to help stretch out his heel cord, it's incredibly painful and he wakes up crying about half way through the night and we have to take it off. Poor baby! He calls it his "beddy-bye boot"

Helping Daddy install a new doorknob lock




Time for bed! They were so proud!


5 comments:

Emma, Georgia, Erica & Daniel said...

YEA!! That is so awesome..hope they keep sleeping in late for you! It's funny how little things like that seem so monumental to a mommy..and the kids usually adjust so easily!! It all just happens too fast..

Lynn said...

Congrats on the big boy beds! Sorry about that beddy-bye boot, though...any idea how long he'll have to have to wear it?
Still here praying!
Romans 3:23-26 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Prayer Bears
My email address

lala00 said...

Yay! Hope they continue to do well for you! It makes life so much easier when you travel once you don't have to worry about cribs.

Whitney said...

They look so cute! I hope your bed transition goes much smoother than ours did this month! Wishing you a peaceful house!!

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here praying right now!
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
Prayer Bears
My email address