Monday, August 10, 2009

Road Trip

My sister Dana & I are either really brave or down right crazy. Early yesterday morning we loaded up my expedition with three car seats, three portacribs, a double jogger stroller, a single stroller, diapers for three, luggage for five, and three very small little boys including two year old twin terrors ;-) and an infant and we left our husbands behind and drove up north of Dallas to visit our Aunt, Uncle, & Cousins.

The car ride went great and even though we had to make three stops we still made decent time up here. The plan today is to take the kids to the Aquarium and one of those indoor play places, tomorrow we are hoping to meet up with some friends for more fun, and then we'll probably pack up Wednesday morning for the return journey.

My first goal today is to purchase a new camera as it seems mine has gone missing. Since I keep it in the exterior pocket of my purse so I can get to it quickly when I need to, I have a sneaking suspicion a two year old probably pulled it out for inspection one day in the middle of Target and then launched it across the store when no one was looking.

I've searched everywhere for over a week and now I need to move on because I'm missing lots of photo ops with the kids. Of course, as soon as I get home with my new investment I'm certain the old camera will make a reappearance. Isn't that how it always goes? Well I probably took over 5,000 pictures with that camera over the last three years so at least I got my money's worth.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Can't wait to see pics with the new camera! Hope you have a wonderful time there and an uneventful trip home!
The Scriptures are full of such amazing and comforting passages. This is one of the best. Hope they are full of comfort and know I'm here praying!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Lifting up prayers right now!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Praying in Seattle!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Prayer Bears
My email address