Monday, August 31, 2009

Week in Review

Here are some pictures from our trip to Denton for a wedding this past weekend in which Kenny was the Best Man for his best friend Terrell. A HUGE thank you to Uncle Stevie for watching the boys while we went to the wedding and to my parents for watching them Friday night. But first here are some random shots of the boys.

They love to be naked if you can't tell!


Painting on the back porch

Mainly they painted each other


I'll call this one "Let's go pee pee in the grass Enew"

On Saturday we went to lunch with some of my mom's extended family, here she is with her cousin and her aunt

It was a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding!







Not sure who this woolly guy is with Granny ;-)



I was so proud of Kenny for giving such a great toast!





Then of course we had to hit up Pappasitos before coming home on Sunday morning





This next series of pictures is from this morning and we'll call them The Great Cheerio Revolt of 2009. This morning started out rough when both boys awoke at a quarter till 5 am screaming bloody murder and unable to be consoled. They ended up in our bed since it was so late and pretty much none of us got any sleep after that. A little while after Kenny left, I noticed the boys were no longer in the bed with me but since our door was locked and I could hear if they were to turn on the water or anything, I decided to just let them play since they were playing so nice and quietly.

Little did I know they were cooperating nicely as partners in crime. Next thing I know there are cheerios bouncing into the bedroom and landing on our rug. I stood up only to discover that the boys had emptied out an entire box of cheerios and decorated every inch of the bathroom with them.

There were mushy wet cheerios in the tub, cheerios crushed on the floor where they stomped on them, cheerios in our luggage, and cheerios mashed into all the floor mats. These photos just don't do justice to the size of the mess I was dealing with, and worst of all not a single one of our three dogs was here to help with clean up. I have a feeling the boys won't be wanting cheerios anytime soon, after a visit with "mr sad spoon" we began the cleanup process. It was taking them forever to pick the mess up themselves so finally I put them in a corner by a large pile of cheerios and made them eat every last one while I swept and wiped up the rest. There is still a fine layer of cheerio powder covering the bathroom.






And since they were still laughing about the whole thing after we finished cleaning, for good measure I made them do a lay down time out on the bath mats for a good thirty minutes while I took a shower and dried my hair. I felt like such a mean mama but I wanted them to remember.

Thank goodness preschool starts tomorrow so I won't actually lose my mind!!

11 comments:

Kierstyn said...

I'm sorry, but I just have to....

LOL!!!! ROFL!!!

Really, that sucks, and I'm very sorry. But oh, that's funny!

Tabatha said...

I am sorry to but this really made me laugh!
What is Mr. Sad Spoon???

Rachel said...

Yeah...I'm laughing too!!! I'm sure that was a huge pain to clean up though! Your bathroom looks amazing though...I'm definitely jealous! And the wedding pics were beautiful!

Perri said...

The cheerios are awesome and something you will always remember. I know because I was lulled into that same false sense of "everything must be OK" once when Andi and Zac were little. Every time I see a mess like this I laugh because I remember. I'm going to write about it today.

Aubrey Layne said...

Oh my word!! Those Turkeys! Too bad Kenny wasn't home or maybe good thing Kenny wasn't home. We miss ya'll, need to get together soon.

Whitney said...

That is hysterical! I know you will look back on these pictures and laugh! Looks like they had a great time.

Lynn said...

Still can't believe how big that bathroom is!
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Christi said...

I love how your pictures go from naked, painted boys to a beautiful wedding all in one blog post! :-) And I am sorry about the cheerios. I can't imagine how hard that was to clean!

Lynn said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Had the wrong verse for tonight. What I was trying to write was: Here praying right now!
Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

I need this verse today, hope it comforts you as well. Praying!
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address