- Right now I'm listening to Adam sing over the baby monitor that he's gonna make a crane and it goes up up up up up and doooooooooooooown
- "It's stuck on there": this means the door is locked
- "It'll bite you", everything from a rabbit to a dinosaur to the electrical outlet
- "What is that?": pointing at every person we see, really means Who is that?
- "I'm gonna need more cake/candy/etc!": Adam says this after desserts and it cracks me up that he's gonna need more
- "I wanna do spirit": this means sing the fruits of the spirit, aren't they so spiritual already ;-)
- "I want Aggies": means they want to hear/sing the Aggie war hymn on Granny's iphone
- "Wanna sing Bum Bum": this means they want to hear Rhianna's Disturbia, its a one of their favorites
- "Daddy lays down his life"; there is a song on one of their cd's about Jesus Christ "That He" lays down his life for his friends, they think it's saying "Daddy" lays down his life. I've tried to explain it but they insist, "NO Daddy lays down!"
- "Lady Bug Bite You!!" Adam got stung by a scorpion in his bed, it was really sad, but he didn't know at the time what a scorpion was so he called it a lady bug. poor child will be scared of gentle lady bugs for life now!
- "Mama Lay Down!!! SNUGGLE!" This is an order for me to get back in my bed and let them snuggle with me. It's very tempting to do when it's really early and we need to be somewhere.
- Now I can hear Adam saying "Get on the big boat Daddy!!" He's supposed to be taking a nap. "Hold on tight!"
And now for a really embarrassing moment.
My kids are fascinated with body parts right now and with who has what. Their Peepaw is a pediatrician and he told me to teach them the correct names for things but I wish I hadn't listened to him ;-). In Kindermusik recently Andrew ran around the classroom screaming "____ (a female family member) has a PE.NI$, _____ has a PE.NI$!!" The other moms looked at me like he was screaming the F word, I was mortified. Then to top it off Adam says "No A-new, ____ have Lady Parts!" I'm glad I didn't teach them all the correct words, no more anatomy lessons for now!
(intentionally mispelled that word to prevent this blog entry from turning up in a search for who knows what)