Sunday, September 20, 2009

Vegas Baby

Did I mention I went on a girls trip last weekend? Granny, my Aunt Julie, my sis-in-law Rachel, Baby Kate and I went to Las Vegas for a quick getaway. We had so much fun shopping, eating some awesome food, and playing some Bingo ;-). We saw the musical Jersey Boys and it was wonderful! My niece Kate was a doll and I can't imagine any other baby being as accommodating as she was.

People always ask me why I go to Vegas so much and I guess because there is a little something for everyone there and you don't have to go for a long time or spend a fortune to have a fun trip. You can find some really good deals right now and stay in some of the nicest hotels you've ever seen. In fact we stayed at the 5 star Encore Resort for only about $15 more a night than what we paid to stay at the Denton, TX Hampton Inn two weeks earlier. You can't beat that folks!

This photo was taken maybe 10 seconds before a bird pooped on me, I'm just lucky I guess ;-).





Sadly we only had one bingo among us this trip



Right behind Rachel on the street below a cop fired 4 times at an SUV that tried to flee after the cops tried to pull them over. Fortunately we were already inside the restaurant when that happened but we got to see all the crime scene investigation take place.


Yummy Spaghetti


I'm telling you by the end of the trip I was craving a baby girl so bad! Kate is the most adorable sweet bundle of pink ever!

She really is this happy ALL day!



Hey Kenny, I want one of these for Christmas this year!!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

What a cutie!
Glad you had such a good time...but don't see how the bird nailed you...
Only the Lord can give the strength needed for whatever lies ahead. Praying!
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

HI- there is a family in Texas who is in need of your prayers tonight! The sullivans.
please check out their blog and say a prayer.
thanks!!
http://bandssullivan.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray as always!
Psalms 86:1-3 Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalm 32:6-8 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found : surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah. I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go : I will guide thee with mine eye.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lathan, Lauren & Logan said...

Yes you DO need a baby girl!!!

Lauren & I insist!!!