Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This & That

I think I'm overdue on a general update on us. The boys are almost THREE!! I can't believe it and it will be here before we know it. Since Andrew is still in ECI (early childhood intervention through the state) he is being tested to see if he qualifies for any services through the school district. He had a full morning of testing last Friday and will have some more this coming Friday. They are testing his skills all the way across the board: cognitive, gross & fine motor, speech and sensory processing. It will be a while before we hear anything on that but I think he did pretty well, especially cognitively. He identified several letters for them that I didn't even know he could do.

He is scheduled to go back for more botox right after he turns three in December and they've ordered him new braces as he's about grown out of his current pair. They are switching his left brace from a smo to an afo which comes up higher on the leg. He is still struggling to walk long distances, go up/down stair or jump but we continue to be amazed at what God has done for Andrew. He can get around super fast when he wants to, his run is more of a trot with his right leg doing most of the moving. He sure knows how to take what he has and make the most of it! Some people that have seen him getting around without his braces wonder why he needs them but if he goes without them for long he tires quickly, his gate deteriorates, he falls often and walks on his toes.

A few funny things I want to remember them saying at this age: They love to give kisses, especially Andrew and at naptime when I've scolded for getting up before sleeping, he'll be crying and say through his tears "I wanna . . . give you . . a kiss". So sweet!

When Adam misses a basketball shot we'll tell him "Almost" or "So close". I think he has determined now that these are compliments and the other day we were talking about baseball and I asked him if he was going to play and he said enthusiastically "I'm gonna hit the ball close and almost!!!"

Potty training has brought out some funny moments. I've had to use some analogies with Adam which has lead to some embarrassing moments for me. Several times in a group of people he's announced "I need to put out a fire!!" and once when we returned from a potty trip he declared "I have a BIG fire hose!"

Gotta love sons ;-)!!

Pictures from a birthday party. Adam is getting some air!



Dressed in their new fall "Sunday Best"










6 comments:

Christi said...

I'm glad Andrew is getting more testing done and I can't wait to hear the results. I will be praying for you during this time of waiting. And Adam's "potty training" comments made me laugh! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Perri said...

Aren't you glad you blog? Those things are too priceless to worry about forgetting.

I'll be laughing all day as I think about the fire hose.

cat said...

Good to hear it is going do well with them. They are adorable.

Rachel said...

those potty training quotes are hilarious!!!!

Lynn said...

Hope you get great news about Andrew!
And hey, there's a lot worse they could have said in public! Bet everyone close had a good laugh!
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Carin said...

Hello dear! I love reading about your precious family -- our prayers and affection!