Monday, October 12, 2009

We have a Big Boy in the house!!!

Adam is officially Potty Trained!!!


For my records, Adam is 2 Years and 10 Months old.
If he had not arrived early he would be just over 2 Years and 6 months old. I know it's not a world record but I'm SO proud of him!!

Adam has not been in a diaper since last Wednesday.
And not even for night time or naps since Friday!

He's had less than one minimal wet accident a day since last Thursday, including night/naps.

I wish I had some magic recipe for what's taken place because unlike our last attempt at potty training there has been no power struggle. No trips to the potty every 10 minutes. We even left the house right from the start in big boy pants.

I guess something just clicked!

I feel like my life has just gotten about 1,000 times easier!

But I know there will still be set backs and accidents, but I couldn't be happier!

Way to go ADAM!!!!

And since I'm so proud of how far he's come, here's a little video in honor of Adam's BIG Day!!

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! You need to raise that hoop! I've got to pass this on to my husband. He's not going to believe this unless he sees it for himself!
No matter what happens, know that the Lord IS working. Praying!
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Prayer Bears
My email address

babymagik18 said...

way to go adam and WOW what a great shot!

Amy said...

That is amazing!! Both the potty training AND the basketball star!! Miss you and love you!

poehl family said...

yipppeeeee....so exciting!! and you're right. life is about to get MUCH easier...minus the trips to public restrooms. :)

DJones said...

Good job Adam!!

Valerie said...

WAY TO GO ADAM!
The video was wonderful;)
I love to see how far that they have come along. God is Good!!!!

Carey said...

Thats awesome! Way to go Adam! Love the video.

AKat said...

WOW. Great video! GO ADAM!!!

Kim said...

Sean was the same way! We tried and tried, and then bribed a bit. Then one day he just made up his mind to do it!

Lynn said...

The Lord will always be there with you! And I'm here praying!
Romans 8:31-32 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Prayer Bears
My email address

Danesa said...

You summed it up perfectly, "God is Good"!! Congratulations on potty training. Your boys are such an inspiration. God Bless them and your family.

Rachel said...

VERY impressive! Go Adam!!!!

lacey_hammerlun said...

so sweet!!! GO ADAM!!!!

Meg said...

Yeah, Adam!! Congrats to mom! And that basketball shooting is INCREDIBLE! I can't believe those shots!