Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Prematurity Awareness Day

In nearly three years, not a single day has passed by where we aren't affected or reminded of Adam & Andrew's premature birth.

(this is my child size pinkie finger by the way)

Prematurity can happen to anyone. Even you, regardless of how many full term babies you've had or how healthy you may be.

Far too many parents have to travel down this road.

Far too many parents will leave the hospital with empty arms.

The premature birth of our children has impacted us forever. We are not who we were before, going through life in our safe little bubble believing things like this didn't happen to regular people.

Now every time I pass by a hospital I think about all the families inside and the ones that have come and gone before them, and the ones that will be uknowingly thrust into that world in the future. Sometimes the magnitude of suffering overwhelms me, I could never see or grasp it before Adam & Andrew came along.

So many children suffering, so many families hurting. The numbers are endless.

Please don't forget God's littlest warriors.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:23-26

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here praying hard!
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalm 4:8: I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Adam and Andrew...such blessings.

danapate said...

So I just found your blog through another amazing twin momma, Catie Rusch. She and I have been connected through our twin sons born just shy of 9 months a part. I of course bonded with you instantly after seeing your miracle boys because our boys were born at 30 weeks..2 pounders as well. They were born last Dec. 2008 and are approaching 1! I will be following your blog for sure and will read back on their journey. We will add them to our nightly prayers for health and growth and overall well being. Your post from the prematurity awareness day brought tears to my eyes. My name is Dana and our blog is patemiracles.blogspot...