Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Andrew

*Scroll down for a new post with lots of pictures*

Andrew is doing GREAT! I kept him home from school today because he said that's what he wanted "I hang out with you Mama, I not ready to go school yet". And of course I was happy to oblige! Having one child at home is so much easier too and it's always a pleasure to get one on one time.

We had a little discussion about his bandage and I've been very impressed with his maturity in leaving it alone since then when I know he wants nothing more than to rip it off. We gave him a good sponge bath tonight as he was getting kinda funky.

After consulting with our ENT & the PM&R doc we are cleared to go to Temple tomorrow for Andrew's second Botox treatment. Please pray this is not too traumatic. He will not be sedated for this after learning about his airway issues but we are planning to give an oral medication to help relax him and hoping it will work. For some kids it does the opposite to, which would not be good. I've expressed my desire to get his main problem area injected first (the calf of his left leg) and then I'll get to make the call on whether or not we will proceed with the other recommended sites: hamstrings, arms, etc. That way if he's struggling we will stop and not put him through any more than I think he can tolerate. He's blessed with some good doctors that really do care about him.

He was quite upset when Granny came to take Adam home to the ranch so she can watch him while Andrew and I go to Temple tomorrow. "It my turn to stay with Granny!!" he cried. So daddy and I took him to see the Princess and the Frog and bought him popcorn and candy and then drove through Central Park to look at the Christmas lights. Hopefully that helped his sadness some.

Now that Andrew's getting older he's beginning to realize that it's always him that has to suffer this stuff and it really makes my heart so very sad. The other day he said "Mama I want Adam get a shot, it Adam's turn", "Mama, you get a shot (if he only knew I'd do this in a heart beat if I could) and "No shots Mama, I no be naughty". Break my heart! I wish I had the words to explain this all to him.

In other news I have to share this Adam funny (before I forget it) that his teachers told me about. Today on the playground the classes were lining up to come back inside and all the teachers were standing together. A little girl, who was a bit hoarse from a recent cold, was upset and crying and Adam pointed his finger at her face and said "You cry like a MAN!" Apparently all the teachers witnessed this and thought it was hysterical. I'm telling you he's going to be a natural with the ladies, always knowing the right thing to say, so sensitive just like his Daddy (dripping with sarcasm here ;-). I LOVE hearing the things little kids come up with.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

You've definitely got a very tough road ahead of you...heartbreaking to read about what Andrew's saying now. All I can say is the Lord DOES have a reason for allowing Andrew to go through this and He WILL use it mightily in his life!
He was born to live a perfect life in our place. Always here praying!
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Kierstyn said...

What a post. You made me sad for Andrew, and all the things he's going through. Then I was laughing at your little ladies man.

I can't even imagine how hard it would be to see your child go through so much, like Andrew's had to. Curtis and I always said we were thankful all Benjamin's stuff happened when he was so young and wouldn't remember. I'm sorry that Andrew is at the point of remembering. Praying for him today.

And Adam cracks me up!! Thank goodness he has some girl cousins who will tell him what's up!

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Oh poor Andrew...breaks my heart. He's been on my mind a lot lately, praying that today went well and that he continues to improve.

We love you Andrew (and Adam too of course!!!)

Lynn said...

So it didn't go well today?
Praying for you right now!
Psalm 20:5-7 We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions. Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray in Seattle!
Psalm 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that the Lord is always with you, wrapping His loving arms around you and holding on tight!
Psalms 18:2-6 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that I'm praying!
Colossians 3:14-17 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Prayer Bears
My email address