Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Morning

This year we spent Christmas morning in our home for the first time since we've been married so it was very special for our little family. We had both sets of grandparents and a few aunt and uncles on hand to enjoy the memories with us. Since this is the first year the boys really "get" the concept of Santa, it was extra exciting! The looks of anticipation and joy on their faces made the day something I'll never forget.

I think Santa may have got my twins confused with someone else's because they sure got a nice pile of loot considering their naughtiness here lately. I guess Santa is pretty forgiving.

They went straight for the tractors!


It didn't take Adam two seconds to hop on and drive away through the living room!

Andrew is more cautious and he does things at his own pace

Then they noticed this giant present, what could it be??



Kota the Triceratops!

This air hockey table has been a HUGE hit! Did you know even Santa likes to find great deals at Tuesday Morning?


Where do these arrows lead?

What's out there Daddy?

"It's a gingerbread house for me!" Andrew shouted!


"It's just like yours Pa"

At this point he finally got the nerve to sit on it for a bit but wasn't quite ready to hit the pedals (the battery powered sound these make sets of his raging sensory issues and we can't force him on these, he has to go in his own small steps)

Peepaw was coaching the air hockey battle

Shawn, Dana, & Santa Ben joined us for breakfast



Checking out the contents of their stockings


Our Family Christmas Morning Picture 2009


Testing the tractors outside

Daddy offering some encouragement

Just sitting on it made Andrew happy and proud. He LOVES his tractor whether or not he ever drives it and that's fine by me so long as he's happy (but he'll get there I'm sure)

"We're workin' Mama!"


Christmas Morning was everything I hoped it would be!

More to come . . . . . . . . .

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Here praying!
Psalm 71:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Margaux's World said...

Wow! I love their tractors! How fun! They look like they had a great "1st Christmas - at their own home." I understand this - as we have always been at my parent's. How special it must have been!