Monday, January 25, 2010

Adam & Andrew at Age Three

Adam:
  • He Loves Waffles for breakfast, He likes to eat soups, especially gumbo! His favorite foods are sweets like cake and cookies and he'll do about anything to get them
  • His favorite show is Oso and Imagination Movers
  • Adam loves to go to the ranch and ride his 4-"Leeler"
  • Since Adam is potty training we constantly have embarrassing moments in public restrooms like when he said loudly "I no go poo poo, my bottom is CLOSED!" or after a successful trip "I made a giant stinky poo poo like "_____" !!!"
  • If you hurt yourself he wants to kiss your bobo and will then ask you "You feel better now Mama?" Which of course, how could you not when he is questioning you with his clear blue eyes and sweet face.
  • Adam's hair is still that baby soft/fine texture and is pretty wavy. I LOVE his hair because it makes him still seem like my baby to me but daddy is always grabbing the scissors and trimming off the sweet curls he gets at the nape of his neck.

Andrew
  • Andrew loves "Brown Juice" which is what he calls V8 Fusion, His favorite foods are Sausage and he can eat a TON of it (his daddy calls him Andouille Sausage because of his love for sausage and also because Adam has always pronounced his name Andoo", Andrew also loves grilled chicken and chicken nuggets, and CANDY and any other sweets, he LOVES kettle popcorn and calls in MY Corn
  • Andrew's favorite shows are Go Diego Go and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • Andrew is always asking to go ride Pa's tractor
  • He is really turning into a chatter box and if you ride in the car with him he talks non stop, often repeating the same questions over and over again
  • Andrew is such a hoarder, he stuffs his mouth and keeps food in his cheeks for long periods of time and what he can't fit in his mouth he stuffs in his pockets. I have to constantly check his britches before throwing them in the wash. There is always food, coins, toys, or rocks stored in his pockets.
  • He LOVES to dance and will turn his air hockey table off and on over and over so he can dance to that Soccer World Cup "Ole' " song.
Both boys are constantly asking everyone, including random people in the grocery store, to come to their house and see their Dinosaur, John Deere Tractor or air hockey table: "Come see my John Deere Tractor!!!!". Or they'll ask "What did you get for Christmas??" Too funny!

They have entered into this new wresting/physical play fighting stage and it's driving me crazy. It's pretty much constant and I can't seem to break them from doing it. It starts out friendly and fun but quickly escalates to scratching and hitting.

Having two boys the exact same age is often very challenging. I notice that when I have just one of them with me, it is SO easy. They obey and are sweet and pleasant. But as soon as they are together, it suddenly gets about 10 times harder. I feel like I spend nearly all my time refereeing and breaking up fights and administering discipline. They have amazing batteries that never seem to run out. By the end of the day I'm so sick of hearing my own voice and it's so incredibly exhausting! But in spite of the frustrations, these two little boys are absolutely precious and they've captured my heart unlike anything I could have ever imagined. They have so much personality and are so thoughtful, bright, and ALIVE!

At night I love to go in and watch them sleep for just a bit before I head to bed myself. Their sweet faces are so soft and look so pure when they are asleep. I can't help but study them and take them all in. How their eyelashes lay softly on their cheeks. How their mouths stay partially open and they sigh ever so quietly as they dream. Why can't they stay this way?? They are just growing up entirely too fast and watching two grow up simultaneously makes it seem even that much faster.

I wiped tears from eyes as I watched their chests rise and fall, knowing that they'll never be this small again, every day we seem to be racing faster ahead towards boyhood. Every day I wonder "Have I done enough?" "Did I show them enough love and attention?" "Did I spoil them too much?" "Did I point them to Christ as much as I could have?" "Will they ever know how very much I love them?"

Thank you Father for this day that you've made, let me always rejoice and be glad in it!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

What an amazing post! Thanks so much for sharing so much about the boys.
Keep your eyes on the Lord, He's always there for you! Praying!
Psalm 62:1-2: Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Awww...I LOVE this post! Your boys are just too precious :)

And I know what you mean about the wrestling. Lathan and Logan are awesome when they are apart but all it takes is for one of them to look at the other wrong and next thing I know, they're on top of each other (laughing at first, but then the tears inevitably come!) And of course, Lauren is in the corner with her baby dolls, quiet as can be minding her own business. Boys and girls are SOOOOO different!

Rachel said...

I know! It's crazy how fast they are growing! It was fun reading about the boys. I feel the same way about my 3. They are so easy individually...or even if I just have 2 of them...but all 3 together is definitely exhausting and someone is always crying or getting hurt or being too crazy! Ha!