Thursday, March 11, 2010

First Time Fishing

We took the boys fishing and they had a blast! We used minnows and cane poles with corks and threw our lines down into the small spaces around the floating boat dock inside the boat house. It reminded me very much of ice fishing, except of course without the ice!  At first the boys were not too in to it but once we found the honey hole and we were pulling out a fish about every other minute they really got excited!

"Ice Fishing" Texas Style

I think it's safe to say that our fun ranch day wore Andrew out!


3 comments:

Lynn said...

So was this after the shots today? Andrew had something to look forward to? What an amazing little man!
Lifting up prayers right now!
Psalm 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Adam and Andrew said...

Lynn,
He definitely was not up to fishing today! These photos were from this past weekend when we had some gorgeous weather.

He is amazing though!

Lindsey

Lynn said...

Figured they were taken earlier...how often does he have to have these shots? Know it has to break your heart, but if they're helping him....I know...easy for me to say.
Praying right now!
Isaiah 43:1-3a But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour...
Prayer Bears
My email address