Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter Memories

This has been such a fun Easter week!

Last Sunday we went with our friends to see the stage production of Max & Ruby. A&A were inthralled, I couldn't believe it because they aren't that into the tv show but they loved the live performance. Afterwards we all went to dinner and then had ice cream.

In other news Andrew got his second cast on Thursday. He went with purple this time, after having green last week. He was a champ and did awesome. He achieved 10 degrees of muscle lengthening this week. The goal was 5 so he's doing awesome!

The boys had an Easter Party and hunt at school this week and I think Kenny has totally warped our children ;-) because when I told them about the Easter egg hunt at school, a little while later I heard them talking about getting their guns and shooting stuff and I was a little confused until I realized they thought they were literally going egg "hunting". "I'm gonna shoot all the eggs with my gun". Only in Texas I guess! (they don't even own any toy guns but being boys they turn every stick and toy into a gun) I had to remind them several times not to talk like that at school or they might scare the teacher.

We read the Easter storybook every day this week and hunted resurrection eggs on Friday to reinforce the concepts. The boys seem to recall and discuss certain details so I know they are listening. But Andrew especially got into it and he was fixed on the image of Christ on the cross in the story book and continuously said "I want to see Dead Jesus, mama!" A little creepy as well as a funny thing to hear your kid say. I guess I should just be glad he's interested in Jesus right?

On Saturday we went to the ranch and went on a boat ride, filled all the Easter eggs with candy, and dyed eggs. The boys LOVED it!



Andrew only wanted to make green eggs!



Sticking faces on them






Before bed we made Easter Story Cookies, but we did something wrong because they were a total bust. The boys still thought it was fun though.

The Easter bunny came by and dropped off some loot. The kids haven't noticed yet but the exact same frog and bunny have ended up in their baskets three years in a row! I'm not sure the old Easter Bunny will be able to get away with that again next year, lol!

Bed Head, he wanted to stay snuggled in bed but we made him come check out his stuff






Ready for Church!
These cute outfits were a group effort, I did the applique and Dana & Granny did the sewing. They are reversible with a turtle on the other side so they can wear them again.


After church we had a big Easter lunch with my family at the ranch




Dana & Granny made a beautiful cake


Andrew was so ready to hunt eggs he carried his basket around for an hour beforehand

All 6 of the cousins, boys outnumber girls 2 to 1
SO sweet!

Ready, Set, Go . . . . .








Even the babies got in on the action

Kate was determined to get that pink one




Checking out their loot


What a good Daddy, he chased Adam's bouncy balloon about 100 yards when the wind took off with it

Off to the blue bonnet fields






Granny & Pa and all their grandkids

Our little family





What a gorgeous day celebrating our Savior who lives and reigns forever more!!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow, you packed a lot into this update!
So Andrew will have new casts every week? Amazed at how well they're working!
Oh what comfort these words give! Praying!
Job 19:25-27:For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Allison said...

Are those bluebonnets out at the ranch??? Maybe we could go after gymnastics next week and take pictures out there.

Pilgrim Days said...

I am so laughing at the same frog and bunny! Love it! And brilliant on the reversible jonjon's. great pictures!

The Synnott's said...

what fun yall had! the boys are adorable!!
where are the blue bonnets yall visted?