Sunday, May 16, 2010

May Adventures

We've been enjoying the glorious weather here this month. Nice and sunny but not yet too hot to get out and explore. We've also decided to make a change in our gymnastics provider again, we spent a semester trying out a different gym due but it just wasn't working so we are going back to our original gym and we are so excited! So we've had Mondays free all May while we waited for our new class to start in June.

One Monday we went with our friends Lauren & Blake on a field trip. We loaded all the carseats into our truck and drove to the little Brenham Airport where we ate lunch at the cute 50's themed diner while we watched the airplanes take off and land on the air strip.

The food was delicious and we had Bluebell Ice cream for dessert, of course!











It was VERY sunny!



Then another day our preschool had an end of the year swimming party at a local pool. The boys loved splashing around with all their friends.

Adam loved the little water slide and did it over and over but Andrew would have nothing to do with it.






I think Adam & Andrew will be devastated next year when they figure out that Hudson & Jackson are not in their class anymore. We are changing preschools next year which is very sad because we have so many friends at our current school and we've really enjoyed our two years there.


While this age of 3.5 can be very challenging discipline wise (I often feel like I've got front row seats to a 24/7 cage match), it's also turning out to be a lot of fun as there are so many activities that the boys are big enough to enjoy now. I'm especially enjoying how well the boys can express their love and affections so clearly now. Often telling me how much they love me or their brother or friends and they insist on a hug and a kiss every time we part. They are so sweet!

3 comments:

Erica, Daniel, Emma & Georgia said...

Fun times..I was just telling a friend about that Brenham place! What are those swim outfits they are wearing?? Are they supposed to be better for learning how to swim??!! Hope to see ya'll some this summer!

Lynn said...

How do you find all those ful places to go!
Always here praying!
Hebrews 6:18-20: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Can't believe my final grand baby will be here tomorrow! Might need some hints about taking care of twins...nope, Hannah's not having twins but I'll be babysitting the two cousins who will be 5 days apart...so they're going to look like twins and every where I go people will assume they're twins...it's going to be interesting!
Here praying!
Psalm 71:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
Prayer Bears
My email address