Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mother & Son Day

Dearest Adam & Andrew,
I don't want to ever hear you say that your mother didn't love you enough or never took you anywhere fun as a child. Your best friends' mothers and I took all of you boys to the racetrack to a Mother & Son night out. Had it not been scheduled during a flash flood it would have been great fun for all. However, you and your friends still had a blast while us moms walked around like drenched rats. If there is anything in the world I can't stand, it's being soaked, especially when wearing blue jeans. There is just something about the way jeans stick to my legs that makes me absolutely crazy.

That however is neither here nor there. I had fun in the downpour, in spite of my discomfort, because seeing you smile and the faces you make as you enjoy exploring your world, makes it all worth it to me. There is nothing that warms my soul quite like spending time with my sons and seeing them in true wonderment.
Love,
Mama
First up, hot dogs under the pavilion

Firetrucks!





























Soaked but Happy





I'm thankful that I grabbed the boys raincoats, at least their arms were still dry after all the puddle splashing, even if nothing else was.

I'll definitely have some memories to keep from this event (even if they are soggy)!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

I've gone walking in the rain and ended up with totally soaked jeans before...yeah...that's fun! NOT!
And yup...once you become a mom it's all about the kids. Even on Mother's Day! U dun good, Mom!
Praying right now!
Psalms 66:8-10 O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard: Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved. For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Lifting up prayers!
Psalms 66:19-20 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 103:1-5 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Sarah said...

Those pictures did not do justice of how wet we really were! I'd do it again though! The smiles were worth all the water in my rain boots!!

Lynn said...

Praying!
Psalms 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Praying right now!
Psalms 119:49-50 Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 61:1-4 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Praying!
Psalms 62:1-2 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
Prayer Bears
My email address