Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was very special! This year all the guys in our family were very smart and catered an amazing lunch and dessert for us moms so we didn't have lift a finger! It's certainly nice as a Mom to feel appreciated for all the hard work we put in, but for Me personally, Mother's Day is more a day for me to count my blessings and reflect on all the Lord has given to me in my precious twin boys. I would never ever have chosen the path of infertility that we walked but without it, I likely wouldn't be mothering double blessings and I wouldn't appreciate nearly as much just how grateful I am to be a mom!

Two 3 year old boys mastering the art of Ipad

If you think I got that for Mother's Day, you'd be mistaken, I WISH!

Aunt Rachel Reading the Comics

Gorgeous Kate

A Boat Ride with Daddy

"Can you snuggle with me Mama?"


Clones, these two are!

I LOVE my Adam!

The fish were biting like crazy at the boat house

"I'm workin' so hard Mama"


Andrew got some great PT walking back
and forth across the wobbly jet dock


Good Balance Practice!


Cane Pole Fishing with Minnows is our Favorite!


Nice Catch Adam!

We caught fish after fish from this honey hole

*Save this next photo in your memory and then read my story down below*

Time for a Ranger Ride Guys!


Oh how I love him!

And him!


*Notice how his clothes changed from earlier?*

And she's not technically mine but I love her too!

And I even love this dirty old Kelsey dog, but not when she shakes her mud off on me! *more on her later too*


So sweet!

Adam & Andrew's long awaited dream to ride in Big John with Pa finally came true on Mother's Day. They've talked about this tractor for a year, cried for it on several occasions, and at last the day arrived when they got the chance to climb 8 feet up into the air and ride in this behemoth tractor.


Fortunately it has a door that latches and a passenger seat complete with seat belts!


And they're off!



Thanks Pa, You're the best!


Is that a big tire or what?


What a fun and special day! Time to watch Snow White, the boys current favorite movie (& Bailey's too) and hit the road!

**Okay so back to that photo I said to mark in your memory. Notice the gap in the floor/dock around that column behind the boys? Not two minutes after I took that picture did Adam silently step backwards off into that hole, without so much as a scream or a whimper or anything and although there were 4-5 adults present not ONE of us saw it happen. His arms were pinned down by his sides and he was unable to grab on to anything. I just happened to spot him out of the corner of my eye and I flew over and plucked him out. Although he was totally drenched and terrified, Praise God he was fine.

Notice how he has on a life jacket, without it this story would have ended much differently and I shudder to even imagine it.

We fish every so often in the boat house and never used to put life jackets on the kids because We were right there with them and everyone thinks that hole is too small to fall in because the column is there to grab on to. But then about a month ago my dog Kelsey fell into that exact hole and got trapped under the dock and we nearly lost her before our eyes. Needless to say that episode had a big impact on us and we made it our policy for our kids to always wear life jackets near the lake regardless of how brief or how supervised they were down there.

So please I beg you to consider putting life jackets on your little ones around pools and lakes this summer. 88% of all kids that perish in recreational drownings were supervised by at least one adult and only 3% of them were wearing life jackets.

I'm so thankful that Kelsey fell into that hole before Adam did and I'm so grateful for God's protection.

Have a safe and fun summer!!

7 comments:

lala00 said...

What a terrifying experience!! Thank goodness for that life jacket and God's perfect timing.

Katie said...

Ya i will make shir to do that when i am babysiting

Lynn said...

We had out Mother's Day brunch at church today. that was some good eats!
Keep spreading the word about life jackets! Such a small thing to do but oh so necessary!
Praying in Seattle!
2 Samuel 22:2-4 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Carey said...

Love the pictures.
How scary that must have been, Im so glad that he is ok!

Lynn said...

Always praying!
2 Samuel 22:7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray!
2 Samuel 22:29-31 For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
Prayer Bears
My email address