Saturday, June 05, 2010

The Housewives' Guide to Vegas

If you've been reading this blog long you've probably noticed that we like to go to Vegas. In fact I just counted up that I've been 8 times in the last 6 years since my very first trip, including all the times I didn't go because I was pregnant and then had young twins at home to care for. I'm thinking of writing a Vegas travel guide for other housewives with all my experience ;-). If you know my peer group very well, you may think it's odd that a "straight laced Christian" wife and mom like myself (and my own mom and sis) would find it fun to vacation in Sin City but there really is something fun for everyone in Las Vegas!




My cousin Katie and her boyfriend Clark (who, when not playing Bingo in Vegas, happens to work with my hubby)

This trip was specifically to participate in the Mega Bingo Tournament (go ahead and laugh, you know you want to!)

Love this arrangement at the Wynn Buffet

Wynn Buffet Dessert selections were amazing!


We tried out a new hotel this trip that just opened in the spring. The Aria was pretty nice and had a good location, but it has nothing on the Encore and the Venetian

However this little gem of a restaurant is right there and it's amazing!

It's owned by Eva Longoria-Parker and is a Mexican Steakhouse. The guacamole was best I've ever had outside of Texas

Ahhhhhh, Young Love is so Cute

I love to ride the circular escalator at the Shops at Caesar's Palace



The Venetian never grows old

So although we didn't win Mega Bingo (I was "waiting" on G57 5 times for 10K but alas they called all the other G's instead), we did get to witness several people winning upwards of 5-10k each and even saw a lady win $26k and another young woman win $100k. But most of all I had a blast spending time together with my favorite girls, enjoying great food and drinks, and checking out all the sights of Vegas.

See you next time in Las Vegas!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Glad you had such a good time. Never heard of a circular escalator. That sounds amazing! No wonder you like it!
Know that the Holy Ghost Himself is praying for you!
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Kierstyn said...

Looks like FUN!!! And I keep going back to the picture of you and Dana with the dessert. YUM!

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here lifting up thoughts and prayers.
Psalms 107:28-31 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven. Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Prayer Bears
My email address