Sunday, June 13, 2010

Karate Kids

We've recently demo'd a few local martial arts schools looking for a place to enroll the boys. Kenny has a 2nd degree black belt in American Taekwondo and we've always planned on the boys taking lessons at some point. I think we've chosen a school but haven't enrolled just yet. It's been a lot of fun seeing them participate, it's just so cute at this age! Plus I'm looking forward to them learning important things like self discipline and respect for others as well as having a positive outlet for all this physicality that seems ever so abundant at this age right now.

Practicing kicks







Hudson & Jackson demo'd this class with us

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martial Arts is great! We had our children enrolled in TKD in the past. I have 3 blackbelts in my house myself. They learn respect of leadership as well.

Lynn said...

That would be great starting them out so young. Just think of the things they can do with such a head start! Always wished I could have taken something like that...would feel a tad safer...
Christ Himself gives us these promises. Know that I'm here praying!
Revelation 21:5-7 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Christina said...

This brings back memories!! As kids, I'll never forget Kenny, Amy, and Steve with their awesome karate moves and all those belts hanging in their rooms!

Lynn said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Isaiah 12:1-2 And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 5:11-12 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
Prayer Bears
My email address