Sunday, August 01, 2010

Concert in the Park

With a little love, and some tenderness
We'll walk upon the water
We'll rise above this mess

With a little peace, and some harmony
We'll take the world together
We'll take 'em by the hand

'Cause I've got a hand for you
'Cause I wanna run with you

Yesterday, I saw you standing there
Your head was down, your eyes were red
No comb had touched your hair

I said get up, and let me see you smile
We'll take a walk together
Walk the road awhile, 'cause

'Cause I've got a hand for you
I've got a hand for you
'Cause I wanna run with you
Won't you let me run with you? yeah

Hold my hand
Want you to hold my hand
Hold my hand
I'll take you to a place where you can be
Hold my hand
Anything you wanna be because

I wanna love you the best that,
the best that I can

We got an awesome treat while we were in Colorado, we attended a Darius Rucker (Hootie & the Blowfish lead singer) concert at the Ford Amphitheater in Vail. It was awesome! I loved seeing my kids singing along to the country-fied version of "Hold my hand" it was so cute. Darius sang all his new country hits which are really good along with Hootie's greatest hits and then an assortment of other hits songs by various artists, like Purple Rain & Family Tradition (two extremely different songs!). He is incredibly talented and probably one of the best live voices I've ever heard. I was impressed that the Hootie songs from 15 years ago still sounded current. Anyway, one of the best concert experiences with the intimate setting and awesome outdoor weather.

Afterwards we went to the playground within the beautiful grounds of the Betty Ford Garden.

















This picture cracks me up! Major attitude, Andrew!







What an awesome day!!

4 comments:

Carey said...

How fun!

Lynn said...

YOU SAW DARIUS?!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!! Thrilled that you got to be there!
Praying in Seattle as always!
Isaiah 25:8-9 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 91:1-2 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

No matter what happens in life, the Lord has us wrapped up in His loving care. Praying!
Psalms 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Prayer Bears
My email address