Friday, November 05, 2010

Adam & Drew take the Big Easy

Recently we loaded up our car and drove to New Orleans with Gammy & Peepaw to visit family there. Our car was packed full. The boys did well in the car and watched lots of movies with their wireless headphones.

This year we stayed on Bourbon Street at the historic Royal Sonesta.

Enjoying some cookies once we made it to New Orleans. The boys got to ride in a taxi with no car seats, which was quite the adventure for them. Then we ate dinner at Drago's and the boys tried charbroiled oysters. Adam really liked them.

Aunt Amy & Uncle Steve flew in to join us late that night. The next morning we went to Cafe DuMonde for breakfast. The boys had been requesting beignets after watching the Princess & the Frog so they were very excited to finally try them.


We got some jester hats in the French Market

Visited St Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square

Playing in a small pumpkin patch






We went to Mr. B's for lunch

Our hotel had some really pretty fountains and arrangements


Adam discovered some fish!





In the afternoon we went to Uncle Lawrence, Aunt Cheryl and Grandma's house to visit.

The boys loved feeding the fish in their pond!




They loved running around in the big yard


They received some awesome new toys!

Aunt Amy & Cousin Lissy get in on the fun


Lots of Silliness


More silliness back at the hotel


They love Aunt Amy!

We visited the family crypt where three of Andrew's namesakes are buried.

We also went to the National World War II Museum



Then back to Grandma's for a big fish fry

The men doing their thing

Andrew & Grandma

Tried to get some family photographs.
Don't they all look thrilled ;-)?

Come on boys, look alive!

That's a little better

Now that's more like it!

Grandma and all of her grandchildren and great grandchildren

Grandma with her two sons, two grandsons, and two great grandsons

All the Ladies

Andrew & Uncle L

The boys had so much fun seeing their family Louisiana!

2 comments:

lacey_hammerlun said...

How Fun! My mom and step dad were married at the Royal Sonesta by that lily pad fountain. It is a beautiful hotel! Adam and Andrew are very blessed to take such fun vacations with mommy and daddy. It looks like yall have a wonderful time together.

lmworley416 said...

What a get together! The grounds much be huge with that pond and everything! I love ponds!
Continuing to pray!
2 Samuel 22:2-3 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me...
Prayer Bears
My email address