Saturday, December 18, 2010

4th Birthday Part 2

After Breakfast with Santa we went home and met Gammy and Peepaw who had a special birthday surprise for the twins:

Big Boy Bikes!!


For someone who was born so tiny (2.0 lbs & 13.5") AND had bilateral grade II brain bleeds, you'd never know it! Adam is very coordinated and athletic and pretty much everything physical comes to him naturally (He did NOT get that from me!) He was immediately racing up and down the driveway and properly using the breaks like he was an old pro.



Even though Andrew has ridden a few bikes before and is pretty good on his tricycle it took him some practice to get the hang of it.  Going up hill is especially hard for him and his balance issues make him feels unstable despite the training wheels. But I am SO proud of him because he always tries his hardest and eventually he figures it out for himself, and when he does he beams from his achievement. To me, every accomplishment is like an Olympic Medal for this child. The boy who'd probably never walk is now pedaling a bicycle up and down the driveway. I literally tear up just thinking about it.  Praise God, in whom ALL things are possible!


"Mom I am so REALLY fast because I am BIG!"


Daddy lends a helping hand



Then it was FINALLY time for the much anticipated Spiderman 4th Birthday Party. (All their teachers have been asking me if they'd had this party yet because it was all they'd been talking about for a month) This year we mainly invited the kids from their new school even though we don't really know them too well yet, I was glad I got the chance to meet some of them and their parents. In addition we had our playgroup friends and a few friends from church that are the same age. Everyone was invited to dress up and it ended up being a lot of fun and the boys keep asking me if they "can go to my spiderman party AGAIN!" Too bad it doesn't work like that, I'd love to re-attend/relive all the fun events in my life!


Cousin Ben was an adorable little Superman




Adam's favorite thing is the trapeze, he'd do it all day if they let him!



Andrew is so cute



Daddy throwing Adam into the pit



Here I come!!! 


Andrew with "Kay Tee" and "Jew Leee"


Mid Air Jump


Whoops


Adam was so ready for cake, he lined up a full 5 minutes early.


Granny made another AMAZING birthday cake!







Daddy dealing with our difficult Pinata setup


I don't particularly care for Pinatas but it was the ONE thing they requested when it came to the party and since I've never let them have one before I figured why not.


Adam actually had the official busting smack, so that was cool


Preschooler Free for all


When we got home from the party the boys got their birthday presents from Granny and Pa, some new Big Boy chairs! They are awesome and comfy!


Phew, It sure was a lot of fun but I was certainly glad when all the birthday festivities were complete!
Happy Birthday to my little men! 

5 comments:

Erica, Daniel, Emmaline, Georgia & Hayes said...

Happy Birthday Boys!! They are BIG miracles! It all goes way too fast. Love, the Listis!

lmworley416 said...

I don't know...Ben didn't look too happy about being Superman...maybe he wanted to be Spiderman, too!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOYS!!!!!!!!!! Wow, what a party!
Continuing to pray as always!
Psalms 86:1-3 Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.
Prayer Bears
My email address

lmworley416 said...

Today's my oldest grand child's 6th birthday! Her party is tomorrow...fastest 6 years I've ever been through!
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 86:4-7 Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Boys! AND WAY TO GO, ANDREW, ON CONQUERING THAT BIKE! Woohoo! Love, love seeing how big they're getting. Love their 4 shirts, too! Fun, fun! Anna/Akat

lmworley416 said...

Praying!
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Prayer Bears
My email address