Saturday, December 11, 2010

Decorating for Christmas

The Sunday after Thanksgiving we started to decorate for Christmas. Our "pre-lit" tree would only half light up this year and poor Kenny spent hours playing with fuses and bulbs and wires but finally we just mixed in some extra light strands to fill in the dark areas. SO frustrating! Once the tree was finally ready to decorate it seemed to take days. I think this has been the hardest year to complete this task since the boys have been born because they wanted to "help" which makes everything take 10 times longer ;-). On the other hand this year has been much easier to keep the ornaments on the tree as they seem to understand that concept. Now if only I could place wrapped gifts under the tree without them being opened instantly. 
Oh well, maybe next year!

They were fascinated with these strands of beads.


The stockings were hung by the fireplace with care . . . . 


Here is the boys' tree that they got to decorate:






My goofiest child by far!


We are enjoying making memories together!

3 comments:

lmworley416 said...

Didn't watch the game but heard that we really came close to beating you tonight! Oh well!
Love the pics! Especially the ones with the boys in the tubs! That's something our kids used to do!
The Lord is with you right now, lifting you up, giving you strength! Always praying!
Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Carey said...

Your decorations look nice. Love the picture of the boys in the buckets....

lmworley416 said...

Know that I continue to pray!
Psalms 62:1-2 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
Prayer Bears
My email address