Sunday, December 26, 2010

Joy to the World!

We had a wonderful Christmas, celebrating the birth of our savior!

I'll warn you now, this is going to be a long post!!

Our Christmas Celebration started on the 23rd with my side of the family at Granny & Pa's house.  I'm amazed at how good our group photo turned out. Getting that many kids to look at the camera at one time on self timer mode is pretty much a Christmas miracle in itself!!


I'm so thankful for all the cousins that are close enough in age to really have a blast together.  A Christmas with excited young kids running around is just so magical!

Singing Christmas Carols









It's a good thing we didn't make them wait until the next morning to open presents because Andrew was so excited he could barely leave the tree alone.




After dinner we headed to the Christmas Tree!





It all started out so orderly ;-)





Spiderman Suitcases from Granny were a huge hit !




I didn't know Ben's excavator was going to be such a hit with the bigger boys or I might have gotten a few more!


Ben the Builder!



They are playing with Peyton & Eli Manning action figures. Andrew carried Eli around in his pocket for 24 hours.


A new fun tradition was started, roasting marshmallows for Smores! In Texas we can stand to do stuff outside like this most of the year ;-).





YUMMY!!





A round of hoops before bed




More Christmas Carols


Lauren sang and played solos, very talented!




Just about bed time, they camped out in Granny's room with their new panda pillow pets





But then it was back up for some booty shakin'


Then they were down for the count!


Adam ended up sleeping with Granny about half way through the night but Andrew lasted all night in his sleeping bag.

The next day was Christmas Eve and we played at the ranch and then headed home to get cleaned up for church. A funny side note that I want to remember, Andrew insisted that it was not Christmas Eve at all because it hadn't started snowing yet. He kept looking out the window for snow and saying it was NOT Christmas Eve. I kept telling him that it doesn't usually snow in Texas but it was still Christmas here but he didn't much believe me. He really wanted it to look like it did in all his books and movies we've watched over the last month.

Dressed & ready for Christmas Eve church service.




I can't believe how grown up the boys are this year







After a beautiful candlelight service we came home and enjoyed cookies and milk just like Santa



The boys picked out which cookies they thought Santa would like: a Christmas tree, green rudolph and a snowflake. Plus a mug of cold milk.


The boys decided they needed to test out the milk for Santa


Then it was time for jammies and Christmas devotional


And at last Baby Jesus was placed on our nativity advent calendar


We read "Twas the night before Christmas" and then it was off to bed. The boys knew that Santa doesn't visit houses where the kids are awake so they went right to sleep!

Then Santa came!




We had lots of sports themes going on, the boys got a soccer goal, soccer ball, flag football set, Aggie football helmets, soccer cleats and shin guards.


Their big gift was something to enjoy together, a spinning bouncing teeter totter!


We put up the baby gate so that no one would see Santa's surprises until we were all together. Adam was ready to go but I don't think Andrew was ready to wake up quite yet.



The long awaited Aggie football helmet!!





Spiderman Shoes!!!









After the presents were finished we had breakfast. Pancakes with Nutella, the boys favorite!



After breakfast we loaded up and drove to Gammy & Peepaw's house for more celebrations



Annual Family photo turned out really nice.  The boys LOVE getting to play with their Aunt & Uncle who are lots of fun. They definitely enjoy being the only grandkids right now and not having to share Gammy & Peepaw with anyone else.



The boys got some more awesome presents!








Adam was Amy's big helper in the kitchen for Christmas dinner





One of the biggest hits was the Stomp Rocket which lead to endless fun for both the little and big kids ;-)






After a fun but quick overnight trip we are now back home and the boys are enjoying playing with all their fun presents. 

They were so proud of their soccer shoes and "sin gardens". Don't know what that is? For some reason that's how they pronounced "Shin Guards", LOL.


Football players 



Working on their soccer moves





This is a fun toy, Tangoes Jr. They don't usually have much attention span for puzzles and such but this seemed to occupy them for a bit and they were really proud of their completed designs.




Another cool toy from Santa were the Magna-Tiles




Testing out one of the Morphibians from Uncle Casey & Aunt Rachel.  Pretty cool!


The boys have had such a blast these last few days. They got so many wonderful presents and are so loved and blessed by everyone in our family! 

It's been so wonderful to spend time with all our loved ones near and far.  Seeing the joy on my children's faces has been such a special gift to me. I'm so thankful that I get the honor of being Mama to these two precious, sweet, rambunctiously wild but adorable boys.  Thank you Lord for sending them to us!  And more than anything else we are especially thankful to celebrate the birth of our Savior, our most wondrous and undeserved gift of all!

5 comments:

lmworley416 said...

What a celebration! Thanks for sharing!
Know that I'm still here praying!
Psalms 40:1-4 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Amy said...

Priceless memories! So glad you all had a wonderful Merry Christmas and may you have a fabulous New Year! God Bless!

lmworley416 said...

Always praying in Seattle!
I Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Prayer Bears
My email address

lala00 said...

Merry Christmas!! Looks like you had some wonderful times. I had to laugh because my Ben kept asking when it was going to snow here, too, even though it's summer. Guess all those songs lead kids to believe all Christmases should be white. Best wishes for 2011!
Laura

lmworley416 said...

Praying hard right now!
2 Corinthians 12:8-10 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Prayer Bears
My email address