Friday, December 24, 2010

Please Pray with Me

My heart has been aching all day for the Pollard family. They lost a precious son today who was only three weeks old. Aidan and Liam were born at 25 weeks and a few days, nearly the exact gestation as my boys.  Their sweet mama is in our local twins club. Aidan passed away from complications from his premature birth earlier today and I've just been in shock ever since I heard, thinking about his parents and his twin brother and this great loss they are walking through.

I can't wrap my mind around the depth of their grief, it just hurts too much to even go there.  But his family IS there and I ask that you would please lift them up in prayer. Pray especially for Liam, that God would protect him and that he would sail through the remainder of his NICU stay without any further set backs or scares and that he would grow up to be a healthy and vibrant child.

I'm praying that God would hold this family close and strengthen their every step.

I hate that any parent should have to face something like this, that any parent should ever have to bury their child. I hate that tiny babies come into this world too soon every single day, day after day and have to suffer through such pain and affliction.

But I know no matter what that God is good and His will is perfect and He alone knows why.


God is our refuge and strength, 
   an ever-present help in trouble. 
Psalm 46:1

4 comments:

6 Monkeys and Me said...

I have had the family on my mind and in my prayers since your FB update earlier. Makes me wan to hold my "babies" even closer tonight. Holding them up in prayer.
Andrea

Kierstyn said...

So heartbreaking. Praying for this family. God's grace is sufficient, even in times like this.

Erica, Daniel, Emmaline, Georgia & Hayes said...

Thank you. I am sure that hits home for you! Wanting to donate to March of Dimes, through your family..before the year 2010 is up..please email me if that is possible!! Thanks and merry merry Christmas to ya'll!!!

Crystal said...

Will say a prayer!!! That really hits home for me!!!! Almost been there!