Monday, January 17, 2011

Brrrrrrr!!!

Backtracking here, sorry I'm so behind in my blogging! 

First an update on Mr Andrew. This has been a tough week. Anyone that says tonsils/adenoids for kiddos is a breeze is not my friend, just kidding. But it has definitely NOT been a breeze for my poor sweet boy who is so tough and brave.  The first few days weren't bad at all but then things turned and it got real bad for him. The pain medicine just makes him angry and hyper and he hasn't been able to sleep and has had some major ear pain. Everyone is tired and worn down, it's been a lot like having a newborn again. Being up all hours of the night and not being able to console a crying child. My heart has definitely ached for him this week. I spoke to his surgeon over the weekend and we took him in this morning and hopefully now that we have some steroids on board things are going to improve for him!


December 30 we went to CO with Granny, Pa, Dana, Shawn & Cousin Ben.  We had a lot of fun but it was pretty unbearably cold the first half of our trip. Colder than I've ever experienced in my lifetime. The high was negative 5 and low of negative 25 with a windchill of negative 41. My Texas brain can't even compute that!  But we would bundle up for some brief outdoor fun because my active 4 year olds were getting cabin fever!


The boys slept pretty well up there. They shared a room but had their own beds. Andrew enjoyed this little toddler bed.


Adam enjoyed having this big bed all to himself


-5 didn't keep us from enjoying some time in the snow


This year was the first time both boys were eager to play in the snow and lasted a lot longer than I expected!











Brief moment of frustration when Andrew couldn't get up in his thick snowsuit.



It was so cold the drool from Andrew's crying spell froze!






The sled was a HUGE hit!


Andrew decided he needed a bath to warm up. This may have been his first solo bath without Adam, lol, he enjoyed the peace and quiet I think!


The boys braved the cold for a quick hot tub dip


So cold that the moisture in their hair froze!


Enjoying watching Toy Story 3



Yep it really was that cold!



The boys loved getting to sled down the driveway and I'm glad daddy was there to pull them back to the top




One afternoon it was warm enough to venture out for some outlet mall shopping so I took Adam along for some  one on one time. He looks thrilled right?


But he was glad to get a new jacket out of it


This is from our arrival at the airport, the boys were excited to sport their new Aggie gear


They got very into drinking hot chocolate to warm them up




Cold but fun times!!

2 comments:

lmworley416 said...

Hope your poor little man is over the worst of it now!
Know that I'm still here praying!
Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Prayer Bears
My email address

B, E and C's Mommy said...

Oh, how I would LOVE to take a trip to cold Colorado right now! B and I love the cold weather!!! I have heard horror stories about that surgery and I am praying that sweet Andrew is on the mend. :)