Monday, January 10, 2011

Thanks for your prayers!


Snuggling with Daddy in Pre-Op. He was NOT happy that he had to trade his buzz lightyear shirt for a gown and kept saying "Buzz Lightyear does NOT wear this! I'm not a girl!" He refused to take off the pants and fortunately the staff consented to letting him keep them on.

Andrew is such a trooper! He did really well and is now home resting. He had a little bit of a tough time coming out of the sedation, he needed a little oxygen but perked up after a breathing treatment. He was very distraught and we could hear him wailing from the waiting area. Not fun to hear that and not be able to go to him! He calmed a little when I was finally able to hold him but he kept trying to jerk out the IV and the pulse ox from his toe. They wanted to get more iv fluids in him before they would release him so we had to battle that for a while. Fortunately they gave him some pain meds and he would go from crying to passed out and back again. It's hard to not be able to console your baby!

The surgeon said his adenoids were large and his tonsils were enormous! So after he recovers he should hopefully feel a lot better and sleep a lot better. He typically wakes up crying at least once a night and always has big bags under his eyes so hopefully this will really make things better for him in the sleep department.

Adam stayed with Granny and Pa last night so that was great but when he came home today he didn't quite get why Andrew was in no mood to be messed with. But fortunately Adam will have a fun day at school tomorrow and Andrew will get a quiet house to rest in. He is drinking lots of gatorade and enjoyed some ice-cream. Hopefully he will recover quickly, though I've been warned that days 4-5 can be the worst.

Thank you SO much for thinking of my sweet boy today! We are so very blessed and relieved to have this behind us!

8 comments:

lmworley416 said...

My bad! You DID warn every one yesterday! Why didn't I check in last night? Oh yeah, Ed wanted to watch "The Cape" with me and it turned out it was 2 hours so it was too late...
Continuing to lift up prayers! Adding prayers for Andrew's recovery!!!!!!!!!!
Psalms 138:3 In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.
Prayer Bears
My email address

B, E and C's Mommy said...

Sweet boy! And the story of wearing the hospital gown made me laugh out loud! I'm praying for a quick recovery!!!

lmworley416 said...

Hope Andrew's doing okay today!
Praying in Seattle!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Crystal said...

So glad everything went well! Will pray for a speedy recovery for sweet Andrew! :)

lmworley416 said...

Always here praying!
Titus 3:4-7 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Prayer Bears
My email address

lmworley416 said...

Hope the recovery is still going well!
Praying right now!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Prayer Bears
My email address

lmworley416 said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 17:6-7 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech. Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.
Prayer Bears
My email address

lmworley416 said...

Sorry he's still having problems! Hope he's better soon!!!!!!!!!
Lifting up prayers!
II Corinthians 1:3-5 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
Prayer Bears
My email address