Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Snow Day!!

Last Friday after days of non stop community chatter, we awoke to a fresh over night snowfall. Had I been 12 years old or had not just been to Colorado a month ago I'm sure I would have woken up early to  play in the snow. But we were not that impressed and enjoyed our morning inside where it was nice and cozy.  

We enjoyed some yummy pancakes using the fun molds Gammy gave me for my birthday. After a some trial and error I think I've finally got the process right. There was a huge fight over who got to eat the pig so next time I'll remember to make two of the same animal. That was like a total rookie twin mom mistake and I should've known better ;-)!



The view from inside toward the backyard 


Eventually we bundled up to play in the snow but sadly we don't have snowboots or proper gloves so I knew it would be a brief playtime. It's rare that we get snow here so there's not much reason to keep stuff like that around. However, it's strangely snowed three times here now in the 4 years the boys have been alive. Growing up in this town we always prayed for snow when I was little and I think it only snowed twice my entire life before these recent snows.


Making snowballs, not so easy in yarn gloves








Just as I predicted, Adam's hands got cold and he high tailed it back inside as quickly and LOUDLY as he could. 


Andrew was a bit tougher and he decided the snow on the slide looked like it would make for a fun ride



Ready, set . . . . 


Wheeeeeee!


Back inside Adam was once again a happy camper as soon as he had some hot chocolate with whip cream on top



They LOVE hot chocolate!



 Then we decided to do some art projects and work on Valentines since it was going to be a long day inside







After another round of hot chocolate we played in the playroom and basically played with every game, puzzle and toy that was stored inside the playroom closet


Doing some fishing, in our pj's, at 4pm in the afternoon. Don't judge ;-)


Then Saturday the snow melted and it was back to our regular lives. We went to the basketball game and watched our Ags fall in overtime =-(.

Here is Andrew doing his Gig'em. Notice that Coach S is making a cameo appearance in the background, lol. He happened to sit in front of us the last two games. 


Well that pretty much sums up Snow Extravaganza 2011

3 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like a fun snow day inside! We did everything I could think of too that day, crafts, coloring, gluing, markers, play-doh, stickers! It's hard to keep kids busy! :)

lmworley416 said...

Here praying as always!
Psalms 18:28-30 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

lmworley416 said...

Still praying hard in Seattle!
Psalms 34:4, 6-7 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. (6-7) This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
Prayer Bears
My email address