Monday, March 21, 2011

Anniversary Celebration

My mom has always dreamed of going on a fun trip with all the adult children and their spouses (sans grandchildren). So that's exactly what she asked for to commemorate their 40th Wedding Anniversary. So a few weeks back we all went to Las Vegas together. This is the first time EVER that we have all been anywhere together without any kids. It was such a fun time and we made some really great memories. Thanks Mom & Dad, we love you!!






Apparently this is the Year of the Rabbit for the Chinese Calendar so we saw lots and lots of displays and decor featuring the bunny.





I never thought I'd see the day that my dad was in Vegas or playing Bingo!


Our group had a good run, I think 4 out of 6 of us won that session.


Dad raised his hand but he made Dana holler Bingo for him LOL


Pa had major Beginners Luck, I think he won like $800! Too funny!





Yay Granny!


I never thought I'd be playing Bingo with all my family. We fit right in ;-), Everyone else there was talking to their lucky troll dolls, pulling oxygen tanks and riding their rascal scooters, LOL. 


Poor Shawn had to share his Bingo with like 17 other people so he got ripped off. But it's still fun to get a Bingo at the table!


My FAVORITE event of the whole trip was getting to see Garth Brooks perform live for the first (and probably last) time in my life. It was just him and his guitar in a very intimate setting. It was incredible. It felt like he was performing just for us. What a talented singer, musician and song writer!


He even surprised us by bringing Tricia out for a few duets


I always love to visit the MGM lions



Beautiful and Powerful creatures!


This was one of those once in a lifetime trips and I'm so grateful for all the fun memories with my parents, siblings, and our spouses!

While we were gone the boys had a blast with Gammy & Peepaw. Thank ya'll so much for taking such great care of them while we were away!


2 comments:

lmworley416 said...

That's amazing about the concert!
Always here praying!
Hebrews 13:20-21 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Finally, pictures from Vegas!! It sounded like such a fun trip. I can't wait for us to go again.
Love to all, Julie