Monday, May 02, 2011

Easter 2011 & The Accidental Rabbit

The Saturday evening before Easter we had our cousins over for dinner and we decided to give the boys their Easter surprise.


This is Cotton, our new and beloved bunny =-). Our "Accidental" Bunny.


Kenny says I'm no longer allowed to attend silent auctions alone ;-). The boys preschool had a carnival recently and they were raising money for the school and the baby bunny with cage and accessories was going for next to nothing so I upped the bid so no one could come by and add a dollar and get the whole thing for nothing, thinking for sure in the next hour I'd be out bid, being so close to Easter. And I was outbid and relieved, but then they discovered it was a child who didn't have permission to bid and thus the bunny was defaulted back to me. 
Kenny about had a stroke lol.

But so far, now that she's home with us, it's worked out rather nicely.


The boys' Easter Baskets Sunday morning


This pic cracks me up, Andrew has the wildest bed head every morning and it usually doesn't settle down without a full shower/wash.





They'd been asking for a chocolate bunny for weeks.






Both chocolate bunnies were gone before breakfast.


Loving on their very own Easter Bunny



She's about the softest thing ever!





After church we went to the ranch for lunch and an Easter Egg Hunt




Silly Rabbits!




It was a good day


Seeing these pictures of our little family fills me with so much love




My boys are growing up, right before my eyes.


All the cousins





Ready, Set, Go!!!








Enjoying their loot afterwards


It was a beautiful day to fly a kite!







It got so high, at one point the bald eagle flew past it to check it out.



After a fantastic afternoon in the country we came home and enjoyed a nice evening loving on the newest member of our family zoo. For ages we've only just had dogs but in the last two months we have added a fish, a cat, and now a bunny. I never thought I'd see the day Kenny let us have anything other than a dog for a pet ;-). Its been so fun for the kids but I think it's safe to say we won't be adding any more animals any time soon!


I'm pleasantly surprised to see Daddy's fondness for our new pets.


And the kids of course have been on Cloud 9.





Happy Easter !!

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.

John 11:25

9 comments:

lmworley416 said...

For someone who didn't want the bunny in the first place...sure looks like Kenny and the bunny were really bonding in these pics! Want another one?!
The Lord will always be there to get you through whatever you have to face. Praying!
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Kierstyn said...

Your bunny story is hilarious!! We have a bunny too. I was thinking that we should have a bunny play date. But ours is a boy bunny, so nevermind if yours is a girl bunny!

And I love the family picture of you guys. Such a sweet, beautiful family!

lmworley416 said...

Know that the Lord is always with you, wrapping His loving arms around you and holding on tight!
Psalms 18:2-6 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
Prayer Bears
My email address

lmworley416 said...

Love that smile on Andrew's face...he's the last one I see as I head to the comments.
Here praying as always!
Psalms 18:28-30 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

lmworley416 said...

Continuing to lift up prayer!
Psalms 18:31-33 For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
Prayer Bears
My email address

lmworley416 said...

Know you had a special day celebrating being the mother of these two amazing boys!
Lifting up prayers!
Romans 5:1-2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Prayer Bears
My email address

lmworley416 said...

Praying in Seattle!
Romans 5:4-6 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Stacey B. said...

Beautiful pictures! My sister and I had bunnies when we were little...hours of fun. =)

I was referred to your blog by a friend that had micropreemies almost one year ago...she is inspired by your blog and thought friends would be, too! =)

lmworley416 said...

Know that I care so very much and am still praying!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Prayer Bears
My email address