Monday, August 22, 2011

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

While we were in Colorado we travelled down to Colorado Springs for a few days so that my mom could watch some of the US Women's Open Golf Tourney. CS is a nice town with some fun things to do.  One day Dana, the kids and I met up with a very special childhood friend and her sweet children, who drove over from Denver and met us at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.  Jeannie's dad was our pastor growing up and her entire family is very special to us. She has three boys and a girl, so between us we had 6 boys and one precious girl that were 5 years and under.

It was hard to get a decent photo of all the kiddos together . . . 


They had a great giraffe exhibit that brought you very close to these giants.




Icky long tongue!






Hard to tell but there was a really pretty view down over the valley and the town


Dana, Jeannie, & I


All the boys had a great time together. Here they are checking out some alligators





Adorable baby Wallaby




Train Ride




Grizzly Bear




After the zoo we went to lunch and to the mall for some play time and a treat.

That's a lot of boys!


Jeannie it was such a blast to catch up with you and see your gorgeous kiddos!!

9 comments:

Lynn said...

I LOVE giraffes! I can't believe you could pet them and everything! Am so jealous! ;o) Glad you had such a good itme!
Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 120:1-3 In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me. Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue. What shall be given unto thee? or what shall be done unto thee, thou false tongue?
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Stopping by to let you know you're still in my prayers!
Psalms 62:1-2 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Praying in Seattle!
Psalms 62:5-6 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that I'm still here praying!
Psalms 62:7-8 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Always praying!
Psalms 139:1-3 O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalms 139:4-6 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 139:7-10 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
Psalms 61:1-4 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Lifting up prayers right now.
Psalms 37:39-40 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
Prayer Bears
My email address