Sunday, November 13, 2011

Galveston

First off, THANK YOU for all the well wishes we've received over our news. The cerclage went well and we are now into the 2nd trimester, woohoo!

Back tracking a bit, about a month ago we took the boys to Galveston with Kenny's family for a fun weekend at the beach.

The boys LOVE playing in the sand and waves



Looking for shells with Gammy



Andrew is such a collector of things that this activity was right up his alley!



Having fun with Aunt Amy



Andrew enjoying the waves




Wave jumping with Aunt Amy




This year we stayed on the canal, which was convenient for the fisherman.  The boys enjoyed riding in PeePaw's boat



Their favorite part was stopping at different sand dune islands and searching for shells and creatures. They also enjoyed naming each island like little explorers. We even spotted two jellyfish- yikes!


Adam & Daddy


Relaxing on the deck



Bravely holding a crab they caught in a crab net


(Daddy pulled the pinchers off to be safe)


It took Andrew a little bit of convincing before he would touch it but then he held it bravely too.



When we weren't enjoying the beach and bay we were busy averting medical catastrophes.  The day we got there I started having these terrible pains in my back on the left side. They would come and go in a rhythm and eventually became unbearable so we went to the ER, no fun!  I was terrified that I was losing the baby or something. The only time in my life when I've had pain like that was the day I was admitted to the hospital for a severe kidney infection and the day that the boys were born. I was hoping it was a kidney infection but they ruled that out and decided it was likely something related to the pregnancy. We endured what was probably one of the longest scariest ultrasounds ever because neither Kenny or I could find the heartbeat on the screen and the tech totally refused to tell us anything. It lasted forever because she was checking for blood flow issues and finally when she was done she said the baby was just fine, what a relief.  They determined that my left ovary had twisted up on itself (ovarian torsion) but fortunately had self corrected without any damage so I wouldn't need surgery or anything and we could go home, YAY! 

Then Kenny had his own medical emergency the last night we were there. He was frying his delicious recipe of fish/shrimp/etc like he always does. Somehow or another the burner and pan and boiling grease tipped over and dumped on the top of his bare foot.  Thank God we didn't let any of the kids outside while the cooking was going on and also that it only one foot and not his face or anything.  IT WAS BAD. Fortunately we had two physicians with us that were able to help out and Kenny averted a trip to the ER (after my ordeal he was dead set against going back there).

His foot was the nastiest looking thing I've ever seen and I will spare you from seeing the photos ;-). He hobbled around for a few weeks but thankfully it has healed very nicely.

Next year I'm hoping we'll have more beach time and less excitement ;-).



6 comments:

Lynn said...

You know when you're going through things like this you could ask for prayers! And thanks for NOT showing pics of the foot!
Love the big waves! Around here if they're 6" they're big...
Here praying as always!
Psalms 18:28-30 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Kierstyn said...

Next year there will be a baby in the mix at the beach. There's sure to be some excitement! Hopefully it will be good excitement.

Lynn said...

Stopping by to let you know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 91:1-2, 4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Whatever the Lord allows to happen in your life, He'll get you through! Praying!
Psalms 91:9-12 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray with extra prayers for you and Andrew!
Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Praying in Seattle!
Romans 5:1-2 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Prayer Bears
My email address