Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Surprise for Daddy

Kenny recently celebrated his 30th birthday so before the big day I decided I would surprise him with a little get together in honor of the big 3-0. It's really hard to pull that off on the person that you live with and I nearly blew it several times, lol. Good thing I never told the boys until that night!

My mom made her famous German sweet chocolate cake and I put out several of my favorite pics of Kenny over the years.


YUM! I haven't had this since the last one of us got married, mom made all three of her kids grooms cakes for their weddings.




The boys were so excited to yell surprise at Daddy














A big thanks to all Kenny's friends that came out and to everyone who helped me get everything pulled together.


I think I pulled it off, he was VERY surprised. 








We played a slide show of Kenny pictures on the wall tv

I like this one of the 4 of us




A big thanks to Drew for helping me trick Kenny into coming up to the design center with him ;-)










The boys singing Happy Birthday





Happy Birthday Kenny!!


2 comments:

Lynn said...

You sure know how to party! Happy birthday, Kenny! Know you had a fantastic day!
The Lord is working, even during trying times! Praying!
Romans 5:3-5 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Sarah Pope said...

Looks like it was a great party! I am so impressed that you did all of that work without him knowing...I could never be that sneaky (perhaps because I can't keep a secret like that!! haha)