Thursday, December 01, 2011

My Babies are FIVE !!!

Adam & Andrew,
Is it really possible that it's been 5 years already? How do I find words that are big enough to describe the love that I feel, the thankfulness I have to God?

Being a mom is unlike anything I've ever experienced before. My heart is no longer my own. Two little creatures came roaring into our lives like tiny lion cubs with such brave and determined little hearts.

Adam and Andrew, you've scared me to death, amazed my very eyes, you've challenged me like nothing else, you've driven me mad, tested my patience and my faith, have had me laughing until I've cried and filled my heart with joy until it could almost burst.

God created you so different from each other, I love that. I love getting to know you and what makes you tick. You are each so very loved and so very special. My greatest prayer has always been that you would love the Lord and trust and obey Him all your days. May He continue to guide your steps and lead you in the plan He has for each of you.

Love always and forever,
Mama

Andrew Stephen
1 pound, 11 ounces
13 inches



My miracle boys. My bright eyed wonders. My joy and inspiration.

Andrew Stephen 2011


Adam Russel
2 pounds
13.5 inches



My strength. My big helpers and silly boys. My heart in your hands.

Adam Russel 2011


You are BOTH all these things and much more. Daddy and I are so proud of you two and can't wait for all the adventures ahead.

"May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you." 

1 Thessalonians 3:12 NIV

9 comments:

Lynn said...

So hard to believe that they're 5 already! The Lord is so gracious!
What comforting verses! Praying!
Psalms 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Carey said...

Happy Birthday to your boys! I cant believe they are 5 already!

Kierstyn said...

Happy birthday, boys! You are indeed a joy and a delight to those around you. You are miracles!

Willy's Auntie said...

What a sweet birthday letter to the boys from their Mama! I'm sure they had a great birthday!

Lynn said...

Praying in Seattle!
Psalms 23:4-6 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! Look to the Lord for all things!
Hebrews 12:1-2 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Am here praying!
Psalms 27:1, 4-5 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?...One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Whether or not a miserable sinner like me is praying for you isn't that big a deal. That's why these verses are so special to me and why I end up sharing them quite often. What an amazing blessing and comfort to know that the Holy Spirit Himself is praying for YOU!
Romans 8:26-28 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet boys! It is truly amazing how far they have come. You have done a great job Momma!