Friday, February 17, 2012

Ally at 27 Weeks

I'm so in love with this baby girl and I'm cherishing every moment of this special time with her, remembering how precious it is and how quickly things can change. Knowing its my last pregnancy and marveling at every feeling, every movement. I'm holding on tight to these moments, while recalling the sadness of how much of this intimacy I lost with the boys when I went from carrying them with me 24/7 to such limited access to them after they were born, so heart wrenching and unnatural. I'll do anything to keep that from happening again but I know it's really beyond my control. Every day with Ally is a gift I don't want to give up but I know she belongs to God and is in His loving hands.

She's so active in the evenings and I'm fascinated with watching her from the outside and seeing my body react to her movements. So cool. I think I've worn Kenny and the boys out ;-). Every time she does something I'm like "Look!" but she always stops as soon as the words leave my mouth, haha.

My body is wearing down some lately and it's frustrating and disappointing. Believe me, I'll put up with any pain or discomfort and I definitely don't want this to be over anytime soon but I'm worried that my body may give out at some point but I'm hoping and praying that it won't.

A few days earlier this week my feet and legs swelled up and it was hard to bend my ankles. It didn't hurt but it made me nervous since I've got a long way to go yet. My blood pressure is fine and there are no signs of preeclampsia, thank goodness, so they think it's just a side effect of some of my medications. I focused several days on staying off my feet and keeping them elevated and it seems I've gotten the swelling under control. Only now to end up with back spasms the last two days. I'm not complaining about the pain so much as that this is reminiscent of the back issues I had prior to going into labor with the boys and it scares me. Plus it leaves me unable to function like I want to.

BUT Praise God, none of these things are currently effecting my ability to keep carrying Ally. My cervix is in good shape, which is THE biggest factor. And unless that changes we should be ok. I'm praying my body will adjust better to this stage of pregnancy and that my back will support her without giving out and that the contractions will not be productive (and go away entirely!).

Your prayers are so appreciated. I want to give Ally the healthiest start possible. I want to enjoy every moment together and not be visiting her in a hospital at some point. I want to take her home with me and not be apart. I'm trying to take it day by day but it's almost like hour by hour. I have great hours of the day when I feel good and then harder hours. It's like my body maxes out at some point each day and I have such a long way to go still. But I really REALLY do love being pregnant, its such a miracle and I won't trade any of it.

I love Ally so much and I love this opportunity to carry her, I just wish my body was better at it!

I'm SO blessed, not only am I carrying this precious gift but I have people sacrificing themselves to help me along in this journey. Kenny has been so awesome and is such a big help with the boys, fixing breakfast, getting them dressed, taking them to school, fixing dinner etc. And I'm so fortunate to have my Mama who will pick the boys up from school if I need to lay down and who's driven Andrew all the way to Houston for therapy when I've needed and helped me get my house back in order since I'm unable. Without their help, I'd really be a mess!

It's been so amazing to watch her grow!

A lady that Kenny worked with when he was building houses is adding some fun artistic touches to Ally's room.

By the end of this week I will be in the 3rd Trimester for the first time ever. SO exciting, God is good!!

9 comments:

Team Tanneberger said...

Exactly the colors of Wendy's room! Well, we started out with pink and green but then incorporated blue! Gorgeous work!

Penny said...

I am so happy for you! She looks so cute already!! Such a blessing to get a little girl after the two adorable boys! I wonder if she will look more like one brother or the other or entirely different? God is so good and it must FEEL so different to carry one baby instead of two! Laurel has been interested in your family for a very long time and now I as her mother have joined the bandwagon!

Love, Penny Dollahon

Adam and Andrew said...

Y'all are so sweet! Thank you!

Lynn said...

Just take each day as it comes. Assuming they told you laying on your left side was the best. I spent the end of most of my pregnancies on my left side...worth every second of it!
Am so blessed to be able to pray for your family!
Psalms 31:14-16 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.
Prayer Bears
My email address

B, E and C's Mommy said...

I can truly say I know EXACTLY how you feel right now. I'm pretty sure I wrote a dozen posts identical to this one! It's so easy for me to say that this journey will end the way HE has planned, but that is probably because I'm on the other side now. Know that you and Ally are being prayed for and that you are in super hands with your doctors. Also know that there are still interventions they can put in place if needed. The next few weeks Are the ones that were the hardest on me...I'll be praying for you daily! You are a wonderful mommy and have done an amazing job protecting Ally this far! Blessings!!!

Laura said...

praying for you daily! I love her room! you've done such a great job!

Lynn said...

The Lord uses everything that happens for a purpose. Praying!
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

So thankful for the assurance we have in Christ! Still praying so hard for you and your little one!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Hope this beautiful Gospel passage gives you comfort! Lifting up prayers right now!
Titus 3:4-7 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Prayer Bears
My email address