Friday, February 24, 2012

So Many Praises this Week!!

28 Weeks Today, We are in the 3rd trimester for the first time EVER!! What a huge Praise!!

After a tough week last week, this week has been smoother! I spent time on my heating pad and off my feet whenever I could and for now the back spasms have disappeared. That makes life so much better! Thank you for all your prayers.

Another Praise, Miss Ally now weighs 3 lbs 2 oz and is big for her gestation. My high risk dr is very happy about that. She is more than a pound bigger than Adam was at birth, woohoo!!

The bad news is not too bad: my cervix shortened a little bit but not terrible and my fluid level is up over where its been but not terrible either. Unfortunately my glucose was slightly elevated so now I have to take the 3 hour fasting glucose test next Thursday. No fun, I would appreciate your prayers that I would pass and not have gestational diabetes. My high risk doc isn't too concerned fortunately and doesn't think this is why Ally is growing so well and it's really just protocol that I'm doing the long test, still no fun though.

I'm still contracting and they may give me steroids for baby's lungs at some point but overall my doctor was positive about where we are and is hopeful we can get a lot further. He said I was doing a good job and his only instructions are to "Do whatever possible to not do anything at all".

I'm so thankful for where we are but we really want to make it another 8-10 weeks, so please keep us in your prayers. Thank you all so much for the support!!

28 Week Baby Bump

For comparison, this is me at 24+ weeks with the twins.

Some fun baby stuff:
Cute Carrier Canopy that Granny Made

Ally's Room
(I promise the colors are way cuter in person!)


Psalms 18:2-6 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD!

3 comments:

lacey_hammerlun said...

You look wonderful!!! I am so happy you are doing well. Praying everyday. :)

Lynn said...

So thankful that she's staying where she belongs! Keep it up, Ally!!!!!!!!!! And it could be worse...I heard someone talking about having to have a 4 hour glucose test! That's just not right! 3 hours is more than enough!
Stopping by to let you know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 91:1-2, 4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Whatever the Lord allows to happen in your life, He'll get you through! Praying right now!
Psalms 91:9-12 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Prayer Bears
My email address